'03 400FSE owner here with fuel problems

Aircraftmech76

Can someone please take a pic of the fuel pump solenoid that keeps getting referred to? The starter solenoid is on the right rear, and there are two small box relays on the left side with 4 blades. I also think I may have a bad fuel pump, since I put 12v (13.5V, actually) straight from the battery, and no dice...pretty frustrated with this 1,497 mile bike so far. I'm the second owner.

Thanks guys,

Kevin

I think you mean fuel pump relay...those two 4pin relays next to starter solenoid are the ones. You might have a bad fuel pump then if no buzzing sound even with straight connection. You can try to swap those relays....but don't think that will make any difference.

You're right. Relays. They are on the left side and not the right. The are red in color. I've tested both of them, and they both a clicking. I haven't disconnected the battery to see if that will clear up any codes that might be causing a fault.

Kevin

OK, so who here as got the inside scoop on how to disconnect the fuel lines from the pump? They are delicate little plastic connectors, and as hard as it is to find parts for this Frankenthumper, I don't want to break them. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Kevin

Will keep my eye on this because i need to disconnect my '05 fuel pump this weekend :P
I have a bad feeling that one of the connectors is broken....feels little bit loose :(

If I remember correctly, the fuel lines are just twist and pull straight up out of the pump. You can also purchase new inserts for the pump that hold the lines if they are worn out.

Okei...the pump connections come off really easy actually :P
With small screwdriver just push those four little clips little bit out from inside and then you can just pull the connector out.

Back