03 fse400 oil leak from oil filter cover

smnl4l

I know I know. You all must think I'm a moron. Should be a easy fix. I don't get it. I have changed the the O-ring in the filter cap and also changed the oil filter cap but Still leaks:(
Not sure how to fix this would appreciate any help.

I don't know what to tell you really.
I would not be the authority on this ....

However, I noticed on my 07 450 fsr when I replaced the oil filter with an aftermarket one, (one that actually came with a replacement o-ring) the replacement o-ring was different from the stock one.

Basically the stock o-ring (on mine anyway) was not just a round circle, it had a part that went around another bolt I think.

Therefore on mine I did not replace the o-ring (plus it looked ok still)

Could it be something like that? Did you use an aftermarket one or a gas gas one?

A mate of mine has the 08 FSR. He had an oil leak from the filter cover after the first oil change. The two bolts that hold the cover on are different length( only 3-4 mm). Have you check the thread depth in the hole to ensure the bolts are not bottom out in the casing?

A mate of mine has the 08 FSR. He had an oil leak from the filter cover after the first oil change. The two bolts that hold the cover on are different length( only 3-4 mm). Have you check the thread depth in the hole to ensure the bolts are not bottom out in the casing?

Exacly what happened to me. Make sure you put the right bolts in the right holes. Mine was leaking too; that solved it.

Back