'05 FSE450 parts bike/rebuildable

foxfire

SOLD '05 FSE450 parts bike/rebuildable

What I have here is an '05 FSE450 with ~6500mi that ran great until the exhaust cam decided to eat away a bit of the head where the journals sit. I don't have the time or $ for repair, and I'd rather not part it all out.

This bike was used pretty hard and has a few flaws, but was in good working order up to now.

The bad...well, it needs a head (or repair to this one). The headlight shroud and right side panel are cracked. Dash is gone, replaced with a bracket to hold ignition switch. Rear inner fender got chewed up a bit from ice tires. Couple other minor things.

The good...fresh rebuild on the clutch master, new rear brake pads, new batt as of a few days ago. Lots of serviceable parts...wheels, suspenders, frame, almost all of the engine, etc. Also have a box of parts including a fresh larger rear sprocket, a filter or two, a couple manuals, etc. Oh, and I have three tanks for it, which I may be talked into including...stock, a black Clarke, and a transparent Clarke that has a small crack where the pump mounts.

I'm looking to get $900 out of it as is.

Last edited:
Bike is in storage awaiting repair, but I'm hard up for cash so figured I'd give this a bump. I'd take a reasonable offer.

$750? Anyone? I'd imagine wheels and suspenders would be worth more than that. Or sink a bit of $ into it and have a running bike on the cheap...

If you would be in Europe i would be interested in the engine...at least whats left of it. I just busted my crackshaft,cylinder and piston and kickstarter shaft holes in the casing are oval... :(

thanks, i will have a look over it. i have been thinking of doing a rally and it is a good price, i just don't know yet. is the engine GG made?

Don't know, never really found a straight answer. I figured on getting the machine work done and springing for the gg gaskets and such for reassembly.

If your tight on cash and the head and cracked plastic is the only major flaws parting it out would most Likely double your 750 asking price. Although it maybe a pain keeping track of what goes to whom and shipping.. I am sure other members could give you some tips and most will be patient and understanding.

What kind of title does your bike have? And also your bike is appealing to me but i live in metro detroit, making the bike too expensive for me. Do you know anyone going near michigan? Maybe a buddy who races near by? Someone on there way thorough? Or just anyway to get it closer to me?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

The bike is has a street legal MI title from the previous owner. I never registered it as its not legal in wisco.

I don't make it over to lower MI much, and don't really know of anyone headed that way.

The bike is has a street legal MI title from the previous owner. I never registered it as its not legal in wisco.

I don't make it over to lower MI much, and don't really know of anyone headed that way.

are you able to meet up anywhere between Chicago and Michigan city? it would split the drive 50/50

Sorry man, but I'd be inclined to keep it. I'd already be taking a loss with the price I have on it, adding a 8hr trip just don't seem worth it.

Back