06 EC300 - strange sound when over revved

colinmc400

I have noticed a strange occurence on my 06 EC300. It occurs when i knock the bike into a false neutral and grab a handful of throttle and the revs go sky high. The bike seems to sound all tinny and hollow and plain weird sounding and seems to loose all the engine smoothness. It fixes itself after a short while.

I was wondering if maybe the powervalve was getting stuck open or something. Anyone else had the same?

ive heard this too..
ive also noticed once the bike is warm, i (think) i can hear the expansion chamber working, it sounds like tiny little turbo!

ive heard this too..
ive also noticed once the bike is warm, i (think) i can hear the expansion chamber working, it sounds like tiny little turbo!

I think you are hearing the turbine core in the silencer. It's like a little propeller in there.

i have an off question about the turbine core. mine is dripping oil(running really rich @ 35'F) i see a place htat sells repacks on ebay for cheap, but how do i just go about cleaning it, or is that passible, or just a waste(compared to replacing packng)

Back