09 Ec450

Wiggy

Hi All,
New to Gassers and I'm looking at getting a new bike in the next few months with the 09 EC450 high on the list of contenders. I'm in a country area so there isn't a Gasser dealer close by to have a look at an EC450 in the flesh, so I thought I'd ask a few questions here before heading down to the city to have a look at one.

Is there a larger fuel tank available for them other than the 7.5L they come with ?
Is access to the air filter from the side or do you have to remove the seat ?
Is the rear tail light/brakelight a LED unit ?
Is there a decent bashplate available for them that will offer some protection to the waterpump ?
Is there a crossover part for the air filter ?

Wiggy

Well IMS makes a bigger tank but clark might as well. The airfilter has to be accessed by the seat being removed because the door type had too much dust coming in.

You can get bahsplates that are good from Force and Meca I do belive. Thats about all I know.

Hi All,
New to Gassers and I'm looking at getting a new bike in the next few months with the 09 EC450 high on the list of contenders. I'm in a country area so there isn't a Gasser dealer close by to have a look at an EC450 in the flesh, so I thought I'd ask a few questions here before heading down to the city to have a look at one.

Is there a larger fuel tank available for them other than the 7.5L they come with ?

Yes - 10 litre tank, now available through your gasgas dealer ,part number BFS450710024R

Is access to the air filter from the side or do you have to remove the seat ?

Seat as with the 2 strokes

Is the rear tail light/brakelight a LED unit ?

Yes, LED

Is there a decent bashplate available for them that will offer some protection to the waterpump ?

Yes. Try here http://www.mecasystem.fr/produit-346-g2436-sabot-gas-gas-400-fse-am-02*05.html

Is there a crossover part for the air filter ?

Not sure as yet.

Wiggy

The new 450 is awesome. Power is linear yet very strong. Engine braking is a bit heavy fro my liking though (but then again, I am a 2-stroke addict :-) )

I have ridden the 2009 FSR 450 off road and the 2009 515 SM supermoto on road. Both of them have too much sudden engine braking for my liking. (To make smooth progress in traffic required considerable fanning of the clutch - otherwise progress was very jerky). I could not appreciate nor feel any form of slipper clutch action on either bike but saying that, I didn't downshift the 515 hard enough as road was wet and temps were around 2 to 3 degrees C at the time.

I also found there was considerable clutch drag and neutral difficult to locate on both 4 stroke bikes. Both were brand new so maybe they need more time to settle in. On the other hand, a brand new GG 2 stroke will shift flawlessly and find neutral effortlessly straight from the crate.

Just my 2 cents........

Fergus,
I've seen that 10L tank (BFS450710024R) listed in the GG Powerparts catalogue, but it only specifies the 07 model ?? Can I assume that this particular tank will fit an 09 as well ?

Fergus,
I've seen that 10L tank (BFS450710024R) listed in the GG Powerparts catalogue, but it only specifies the 07 model ?? Can I assume that this particular tank will fit an 09 as well ?

Part number for 07 tank is different to the 08 and 09 bikes. I can only assume therefore that the tank won't fit a 09 :(

Fergus

Part number for 07 tank is different to the 08 and 09 bikes. I can only assume therefore that the tank won't fit a 09 :(

Fergus

Next one......
I was looking through the Clarke website and found a tank that "might" fit an 09 EC450, that been the http://www.clarkemfg.com/cgi-bin/mi...de=CM&Product_Code=11485&Category_Code=gasgas
I asked Clarke whether they could confirm if it would fit an 09, but all they said was that I should consult my local Gasser Dealer. :eek:
Has anyone fitted a Clarke 11485 2.7gal tank to an 09 EC450/515 ?

Yes the 07 Clarke tank fits the 09......but the tank does have wings that wrap around the perimeter frame a little and that forces the shrouds out wider to the point that the upper "push in pegs" that plug into the top radiator mounting grommets no longer reach.

Yes the 07 Clarke tank fits the 09......but the tank does have wings that wrap around the perimeter frame a little and that forces the shrouds out wider to the point that the upper "push in pegs" that plug into the top radiator mounting grommets no longer reach.

So I take it that the hex head bolts that go through the lower part of the radiator shroud still screw in OK to the sides of the radiator.

Back