2003 450 FSE won't Idle ?

Bikes cutting out when warm, any way I can adjust Idle or is it all controlled with the FI software ?
I haven't had to adjust mine, but I believe someone said it is behind the TBI red cover.

Man, your having a heck of a time with that bike. Start issues, throttle hanging up and now idle issues.

Haha tell me about it, i've thought about sending it off the scrapyard in the sky a few times for sure.
I'll have a look for this red cover thingy ?

Cuts outta idle

You can bump up the idle but I've found the fuel lines deteriorate and the screen in the injector needs to be cleaned as well.
Just as a preventative measure, and no cost.

I'll check the fule lines, is the screen easy to locate at the FI end ?
Also does anybody know how to adjust the idle ?

Idle

The base idle can be changed by turning the brass colored screw on the throttle body. The screen is in the injector. Remove the tank, remove the fuel line to the injector. Look in the inlet port of the injector and clean that screen, if needed change the line. Hope this helps.

I located the brass screw however it really didn't make any difference to the idle ? Cleaned the injectors and fuel lines out, I take it the screen is not removable as it all seems fixed in but i've blasted it with jet cleaner both ways, so that should have cleared any blockages. Everything seemed clean with no fragments.
I've noticed that since I got a MCCT the bike will start and idle much better than before but as soon as I tighten the MCCT its will stop the starter from turning the bike over of the battery and also make the bike cut out at idle. The bike will also cut out at idle with the MCCT slacker when you come off the throttle. I could make a video to demonstrate if it would make things clearer ?

Check for erratic sensor readings (air and water temp) using the crappy software if you have it. if the readings are incorrect its probably a wiring issue.
You might want to make sure the valve clearances haven't closed up? That's a sure fire way of getting an rough idle

No crappy software but took it to a garage a couple of times and they did software and valves for me.
The bike will idle fine but as soon as you give it some revs then pull off the gas it will die.
So the copper screw, does this adjust fule/air mix, anybody know for sure ?

haha tell me about it ....... would love a smoker again. Am looking to sell this and move on asap, just need it running half decent first or i'm lousing out big time.

It can only be air as the fuel is injected forward of it directly into the manifold. From memory the throttle stop is fixed so it might be worth making sure the cable isn't sticking at all and that the stop isn't worn down.

So with the screw turned in (less air) should the idle be faster ?
One other issue that may be telling is that when you roll of the throttle it takes a while for the rps to drop off, this isn't the cable sticking as it happens when you pull the throttle body directly bypassing the twist grip.

It can only be air as the fuel is injected forward of it directly into the manifold. From memory the throttle stop is fixed so it might be worth making sure the cable isn't sticking at all and that the stop isn't worn down.

Will check the stop tonight, i've noticed that the bike isn't charging unless throttle is applied so i'm guessing this could cause the biek to cut out eventually as the batt isn't charging thus affecting the spark etc.

Turns out the throttle cable adjuster was no on the right side of the cable guide, thus lots of slack on the cable when at idle. I've put it on the right side of the guide and tightened it up a bit so the cable isn't slack on idle.
Does anybody know if the cable is supposed to have any tension on it at idle ?

Back