2008 oem seat

Leon_gasgas

I wanted to recommend this new seat to all 2007 model owners. It's just that much better than the 07 seat! It makes the whole bike feel much better, like a really new model. During winter we drive a lot sitting down through snow ruts. You really need a good seat then and the 07 seat was really a big pain in the ass. I am still wondering how I managed a season with it.

Does anyone know if the seat base is the same as the 07? Is it a matter of just getting the foam and a seat cover or a base too? My 07 seat is a monkey butt machine (though this could be a good thing - it keeps me standing).

I saw the 08 seat at the ISDE and it does look much better than the 07.

My '07 bike came with Guts Racing medium foam. I also find this uncomfortable. It definitely makes you stand a lot, but I like to ride that way most of time.

This may sound like a weird question... does your bike's vibrations make your eyesight jiggle when seated? Perhaps its the medium foam. :confused:

I think that I may try an '08 seat or order some Guts tall soft foam.

Hi!

Just go for the 08 oem ready seat (I payed 110 euros). It is spot on! I don't think the aftermarket can make a better one. Still race oriented and very comfortable. I just used the bolt and the attaching system from the 07.

Talking to Mark, its a popular request. I have my name on one when they come in. I don't think the '07 seat is that bad after it has a few hours on it. I just need to minimize impacts up the back so a softer seat will help.

Not sure about the base, have to check the part #s.

I notice no vibration issues, through seat, pegs, or bars.

Back