2010 ec 300 report

gg3

Silver Level Site Supporter
Well, I finally got my new bike(minus a button start) & have been able to get a few hours on it.Coming off a 2002 ec300 this is a very different bike.
Firstly it looks better than the launch photos,beautifully designed machine.The brakes are really strong front & back,just having trouble adjusting the pedel low enough.The suspension was my main concern after having a WP/Ohlins setup that was very nice.The Sachs setup blows it away!I haven't set any sag or played with the clickers & it's awesome.Rather than looking for smooth lines you can get on the throttle & just hammer through anything.
The motor has the factory jetting except the pilot has gone 1 size leaner.The motor really is stunning & very fast!The dual curve switch has been dubbed pussy mode & man mode.Both modes seem to have the same bottom & top end but man mode pulls through the bottom & mid range with a quick twist of the throttle,screams it's head off & buggers off down the track with you hanging off it.Pussy mode (my prefered option) allows you to ride in a wide mid range to get traction down but still cracks at the top,wicked!
This thing flys as well.It is perfectly balanced on jumps & I found I was hitting them with way more confidence & speed.
I don't miss the e-start at all,you just have so much fun riding it.If you get a chance to ride one DON'T.Unless you are seriously considering updating your bike.Your trusty stead will never feel the same again & when your riding her hard,she will know your thinking of someone else!

Attachments

• DSC01260.jpg
    DSC01260.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 113
  • DSC01263.jpg
    DSC01263.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 80
  • DSC01262.jpg
    DSC01262.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 75
Congratulations on the new beasty :D

I think gasgas in New Zealand is really moving forward now, especially as the new 2010 gassers are cheaper than the KTMs. I have several friends who are very interested in the 2010 bikes. And im doing my best to try and pimp the brand as much as possible... :p

Congratulations on the new beasty :D

I think gasgas in New Zealand is really moving forward now, especially as the new 2010 gassers are cheaper than the KTMs. I have several friends who are very interested in the 2010 bikes. And im doing my best to try and pimp the brand as much as possible... :p

Good man,fly the GG flag! I got to ride a 2009 KTM 300 exc-e before I got the GG,it had $1200 of fork work done & a scott steering dampner on it.I like the KTM's but I found the GG a better bike stock standard .
Had my first off today,hit a slab of papa rock in a clay uphill.It is now broken in!

Good man,fly the GG flag! I got to ride a 2009 KTM 300 exc-e before I got the GG,it had $1200 of fork work done & a scott steering dampner on it.I like the KTM's but I found the GG a better bike stock standard .
Had my first off today,hit a slab of papa rock in a clay uphill.It is now broken in!

:eek: Was the bike ok?
Did you find that the KTM felt fat around the pegs? Something I notice when riding any KTM (my dad has an 09 250exce ). Also a worked bike is usually better than any stock bike, but if you liked the GG over a worked KTM, thats a good thing :D
Just imagine how good your bike would be if you put that same work into it....

:eek: Was the bike ok?
Did you find that the KTM felt fat around the pegs? Something I notice when riding any KTM (my dad has an 09 250exce ). Also a worked bike is usually better than any stock bike, but if you liked the GG over a worked KTM, thats a good thing :D
Just imagine how good your bike would be if you put that same work into it....

It didn't even stall,just layed there ticking over waiting for me to get my sorry arse off the ground.No scratches.I was OK too if anyone was concerned.

With a new bike like that I imagine you threw yourself under the bike to protect it, at the first sign of trouble:D

The brakes are really strong front & back,just having trouble adjusting the pedel low enough.

Glad you could share your ride report with us gg3. I had the same problem with the rear brake pedal on mine. Couldn't get it low enough. I ended up taking the threaded rod off the rear brake pump and cutting about 3-4 mm off the threaded end for better adjustment.
The suspension is awesome that for sure.
thumbsup.gif
My back end is 'breaking in' nicely compared to my front which was done by LT Racing
The whole bike just keeps getting better after every ride.:D Who needs a 'Magic Button' this bike start first kick almost every time.
cheers.gif

great report's guy's! That's fantastic that they go for less than the Ktm too. That will help sales I'm sure. Keep the ride reports coming!:D

Glad you could share your ride report with us gg3. I had the same problem with the rear brake pedal on mine. Couldn't get it low enough. I ended up taking the threaded rod off the rear brake pump and cutting about 3-4 mm off the threaded end for better adjustment.
The suspension is awesome that for sure.
thumbsup.gif
My back end is 'breaking in' nicely compared to my front which was done by LT Racing
The whole bike just keeps getting better after every ride.:D Who needs a 'Magic Button' this bike start first kick almost every time.
cheers.gif

Thanks,will do the same on the rear brake pedal.Exactly what did LTR do to the forks & to what effect?

Thanks,will do the same on the rear brake pedal.Exactly what did LTR do to the forks & to what effect?

He did a re-valve and machined some internal parts I'm sure there is much more. All I know is what ever he did I wish I had done on all my others bikes that's for sure.
thumbsup.gif

Here is some good reading SACHS 48 mm FORK

The difference from normal shocks (only referring to other bikes owned, had forks done before I rode with stock set up) Riding at a normal speeds the forks suck up all the little bumps, rock, roots etc. Like they're not even there. Yet when you ride hard they work like they should.
How he gets them to work perfectly through out all operations is beyond me.
excuseme.gif
But he did. And I'm a happy camper.:D

He did a re-valve and machined some internal parts I'm sure there is much more. All I know is what ever he did I wish I had done on all my others bikes that's for sure.
thumbsup.gif

Here is some good reading SACHS 48 mm FORK

The difference from normal shocks (only referring to other bikes owned, had forks done before I rode with stock set up) Riding at a normal speeds the forks suck up all the little bumps, rock, roots etc. Like they're not even there. Yet when you ride hard they work like they should.
How he gets them to work perfectly through out all operations is beyond me.
excuseme.gif
But he did. And I'm a happy camper.:D

Thanks.I will run about 10hrs on them & decide whether to do any work on them.Right now I love them & wouldn't know what to change,they seem to do everything well.Just need to get some air bleeders.

Thanks.I will run about 10hrs on them & decide whether to do any work on them.Right now I love them & wouldn't know what to change,they seem to do everything well.Just need to get some air bleeders.

While Les was working on mine, he also installed some Auto bleeders. Don't know why Sach never installed them while making their shocks when it is such an important part of tuning your suspension.
excuseme.gif

You would think they would include them like Husky did on all the Marzocchi forks on the 2009 models.

Last edited:
While Les was working on mine, he also installed some bleeders. Don't know why Sach never installed them while making their shocks when it is such an important part of tuning your suspension.
excuseme.gif

You would think they would include them like Husky did on all the Marzocchi forks on the 2009 models.

Am i right in assuming that you are saying that the GG forks do not have a bleed screw to relieve the air buildup in the forks?

You'd be wrong if you made the assumption ... the bleed screws that the Sachs forks come with have a ridiculously tiny hex head screw, so the trick is to get proper bleeders installed - then you get one-push pressure relief instead of trying to mess around with a little biddy screw.

He's right on with the small fiddelly bleeder screw.Have 12 hrs on the bike now so need to take it in for a warranty service.I have gone 3 clicks harder on the front compression & 2 clicks on the rebound to slow it down.Now Working even better.The back just does it's thing with no funny business.Todays ride was on wet clay/rock & pine forest with plenty of exposed roots.Real slippery stuff but once I got the knack of changing up quicker than usual & letting the bottom end lug it around,it was fine.The bike handled all the roots & logs perfectly while taking the bigger hits on the open farm land sections.So another big tick in the terrain test box.Nothing negative to report so far.ummm? Air filter a bit vague getting it seated properly if I had to find a problem.But that could be me.We are going into winter & the stock tyre is just not doin it.Threw the back in favour of a Metzler MC5 but kept the front which is going well.

Hey gg3,
Glad the bike is working out so nice for ya...it just keeps getting better doesn't it.:D
I thought the air filter set up was pretty innovated, at least compared to anything Husky has to offer. Man you should see theirs.
lol.gif
lol.gif

Back