2015 gasgas 2T intake manifold too short

Dor

Hi
I was trying to fit the carb back on the bike,
Until now I had aftermarket rubber piece that connects the carb to the reed side.
I've wanted to change the aftermarket piece to OEM.
when I tried to fit it the gap between the Reed and the carb was just too big for the OEM piece, and for the aftermarket one it just barely compensating for that gap...

What am I missing here?

Do you have the rectangle top carb yeah? It's shorter than the old round top carb. When I put a 17 (or was advertised as 17 which likely earlier) carb on my 07 I had to make an extension to fit/bond to the carb..
Didn't look too far into what rubber bit was longer or whatever as 10 years between the frames. . But maybe?

Do you have the rectangle top carb yeah? It's shorter than the old round top carb. When I put a 17 (or was advertised as 17 which likely earlier) carb on my 07 I had to make an extension to fit/bond to the carb..
Didn't look too far into what rubber bit was longer or whatever as 10 years between the frames. . But maybe?

Thanks i think ill just make small spacer ...
i thought about making spacer that will go after the reeds, how did you made yours?

Attachments

• Gas Gas spacer.jpg
    Gas Gas spacer.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 11
I don't think in the big scheme of things you will notice. We had some tube the right size as the airbox side of carb. Turned off the ridge on the bellmouth end and sliding fit adapter like a big plumbing fitting. Bit of jb weld to be sure if no leak but was snug.

For anyone having this problem too
Turns out that the AS2 is 8 mm shorter then the AS1 carb,
91 vs 83 mm.
Gas gas did nothing to compensate that gap between models
with AS2 and AS1, Making it sometimes a nightmare to fit the
carb back on.
l've fixed that problem by mechining an 8 mm aluminum spacer to fit after the reeds (img attached)
Works perfectly.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230614_085637_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230614_085637_Gallery.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_20230614_082737_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230614_082737_Chrome.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 11
Back