2016 Yamaha Offroad 2 Stroke YZ250X

Only missing e-start, a six-speed, hydraulic clutch, and an extra half gallon of fuel ...

7390 MSRP, the best Kayaba SSS suspension components,plentiful parts supply including GYTR upgrades, dealer on every corner and a financially viable well managed company, imho.

7390 MSRP, the best Kayaba SSS suspension components,plentiful parts supply including GYTR upgrades, dealer on every corner and a financially viable well managed company, imho.

Agreed. Depending on the gear box ratio, five speeds might be just fine. I never (or rarely) use sixth gear on my 300. And with everyone (it seems) buying up the stock of SSS KYB forks for their (not Yamaha) bike, it is almost a no-brainer to put this bike to market and have it succeed. Depending on the overall chassis package and handling attributes.

However. Regarding parts, I still can't walk into a dealership and get what I need, I still have to order any engine internal part, including bearings and rings. Any external bearing or seal I need I can source from a non-dealer location, like McMaster or a local bearing shop. So I propose that the dealer network has very little affect on our little niche.

That being said, I really dig it. I will be interested to see how it stacks up, it might be a viable competitor if it can negotiate the trails at 90% capability of the Euro bikes. The last 10% being managed through the excellent suspension components.

Must say that I agree with all of the above

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The price is right, and its hard to argue with the KYBs. There's no telling what may or may not appear in the GYTR catalog, and the dealer-on-every-corner is just as likely to be heavily invested in sleds or generators or spread over 15 other brands. It wasn't that long ago that Yamaha lost 3 billion dollars ... in a year!

That being said, they seem, of all the Japanese companies, the most willing to at least consider the off-road market.

Hopefully.... This will go over well and they will sell a boat load of them. At that point the other 3 are going to have to take a look at their lack of off-road bikes (especially Honda). This yzx is exciting for several reasons. Will it force Honda to dig the cr250 out of it tomb and gives us what we want? What about the rerelease of the RMX? Or a new and improved KDX. I am super excited to see that Yamaha is developing an off-road segment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is what it could look like with a few modifications courtesy of Yamaha of France.

image.jpg1_zpsjuemzaah.jpg

image.jpg3_zpsnxdjxli2.jpg

image.jpg2_zpsc4jbsxtk.jpg

image.jpg8_zps6ccrlmsk.jpg

I looked at a few other press releases and they did some work on the ignition and power valve. I think this also is important. The Beta and Gas Gas bikes just work so well off idle. I'm really curious how this will work as a complete package. I road YZ 250's for years and they were good but not great.

Here is what it could look like with a few modifications courtesy of Yamaha of France.

image.jpg1_zpsjuemzaah.jpg

image.jpg3_zpsnxdjxli2.jpg

image.jpg2_zpsc4jbsxtk.jpg

image.jpg8_zps6ccrlmsk.jpg

Also comes with a Juicy Clutch!
Problem solved, def my next investment.
Would love to see a revised version of a YZ144/150, like what I rode for 5-1/2 years. Def the fastest woods bike I had Ever ridden . . .

Would love to see a revised version of a YZ144/150, like what I rode for 5-1/2 years. Def the fastest woods bike I had Ever ridden . . .

http://www.yamahaxc.com/models/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The YZX has me looking at Yammies agian...haven't owned a YZ since '99. ( really like my GG, and will keep it...would like to get a '15+ GG, but no available over size tank is a deal killer)

I may do what this guy did, instead of buying new...build it exactly how I want it.

Has a 325 kit in it.

http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/YZ250-Build-from-Craigslist-and-Ebay,1266119

12377672_10153861846464630_1727837192886396221_o.jpg

12366052_10153861846899630_4876809382898111334_o.jpg

Asked my yamaha dealer what the chances of the other japanese manuf getting a 2stroke back out there when the yz x came out.His opinion was it was highly doubtful due to setup cost of tooling/production.Yamaha never stopped producing yz so a tweak here/there to the yz assembly line and the x appeared.
As for the bike a 6spd and a hyd clutch(as above) are all thats missing.(and maybe a yellow/blk/wht vers.)
Im guessing if they sell a bunch there may be more development,but for a 6spd/hyd clutch im thinking that would involve a complete case redesign to accomodate,this in turn could require frame alterations etc.on what is a 'dirt only' model(smaller market)
I cant see it happening for a couple of years,as it stands the yz-x platform owes them virtually no development cost and they are selling well enough.
Unless they develop a new '300' platform?;)

I looked at a few other press releases and they did some work on the ignition and power valve. I think this also is important. The Beta and Gas Gas bikes just work so well off idle. I'm really curious how this will work as a complete package. I road YZ 250's for years and they were good but not great.

I bought a YZ X and love it works very well in on the single track and also in the desert. It starts very easy without a button. Also tust to let you know I am 71 years old.
Harold

Only missing e-start, a six-speed, hydraulic clutch, and an extra half gallon of fuel ...

ALSO missing the high output lighting flywheel, or flywheel weight (which I would need for sure). Or lights and sirens. When my Yamaha dealer got one in they were like "here is your new bike!" but after discussing with them what it DIDN'T have, like Steve mentioned above, it was plain to see I would have to sink too much money into it to make it even CLOSE to a new GasGas in the details that I personally want. I agree though, it is a step in the right direction.

I bought a YZ X and love it works very well in on the single track and also in the desert. It starts very easy without a button. Also tust to let you know I am 71 years old.
Harold

What other bikes have you had that you can compare it to? I have ridden 250 mx bikes converted to off road for 25 years so we likely have some overlap.

Back