2018 EC300 Swapped to Pro Taper

Fieds83

Hi Guys,

I had Pro Taper Factory Suzuki/KTM Stock bend bars in the garage that i had never put on a bike. I decided to see what they would be like on the Gasgas.

Looking at them next to each other i didnt think there would be much difference in feel. I was wrong, they open up the feel of the bike quite noticeably. I havent had a chance to ride with them yet but just sitting on the bike i noticed the difference straight away.

They feel taller, more forward in their neutral position.

With the stock bars i had already moved the bar clamps to the forward mounting position and rolled the stock bars forward a fair bit.

With the pro taper it gives it more of of an open cockpit feeling like the KTM/Husky.

As usual it all comes down to personal preference but in my opinion these are an improvement over the stock GasGas bend.

A couple of things to note, i can see the standard pro taper bar pad would interfere with the dash display so i may need to make a spacer for the display bracket. Also, where the front brake line meets the mastercylinder it can foul on the bars when rolled too far forward, which is only a problem if you like a super aggresive lever position.

Will post some pics as soon as i work out how to resize images on this Samsung.

Back