2018 XC300 Fuel Tap O Ring size

BMG

I'm working out all the niggles on my new toy. The tap is leaking and is very hard to turn. The 'hard to turn' didn't feel right.

Anyway, I pulled the tap apart to find out that there is an O ring missing, which is why it's leaking and likely why it's almost impossible to turn.

Does anyone know the size of the O ring that I need to get and where the o ring should actually go? Should it sit around the half moon or between the tap and front plate or btw the tap and half moon?

Cheers

Last edited:
I'm working out all the niggles on my new toy. The tap is leaking and is very hard to turn. The 'hard to turn' didn't feel right.

Anyway, I pulled the tap apart to find out that there is an O ring missing, which is why it's leaking and likely why it's almost impossible to turn.

Does anyone know the size of the O ring that I need to get and where the o ring should actually go? Should it sit around the half moon or between the tap and front plate or btw the tap and half moon?

Cheers
does this help. need to get a nitrile o-ring for fuel contact
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXVzajDpiEI

Perfect, thanks. Least I know where the o ring should go now!
I just refreshed my knowledge of rubbers and it seems viton is better than nitrile for petrol, also better for heat, so you will be comforted that you can open your petcock as fast as you like LOL

Back