2024 penton 320

motorhead

Curious minds want to know. Anyone have any information on this? Is it Chineseium? Or does it have European heritage? Saw a thread on vital with a pic, am interested in the story behind the bike.

If so, that?s too bad. IMO quality and parts availability will be an issue.
I was hoping for another European manufacturer. Buddy of mine just bought an AJP for cheap, my mechanic buddy and I are curious how it will hold up under abuse. We are speculating it won?t be in the stable very long.

I commented on those VitalMX Penton threads as I suspected it would be a KTM knockoff from Asia. Most people don't know that a lot of KTM accessories (and OEM KTM parts) are made in China. I hear the GPX is not so bad so if it is cheap, it could be something to look into.

As for AJP, my friend has had one for years. It's actually pretty nice and well made. CPD (Rieju importer) is now the importer for AJP so you can hit them up for parts.

I commented on those VitalMX Penton threads as I suspected it would be a KTM knockoff from Asia. Most people don't know that a lot of KTM accessories (and OEM KTM parts) are made in China. I hear the GPX is not so bad so if it is cheap, it could be something to look into.

As for AJP, my friend has had one for years. It's actually pretty nice and well made. CPD (Rieju importer) is now the importer for AJP so you can hit them up for parts.

I was curious if you were on this forum. I enjoyed reliving the Gas Gas/Jotagas G2/Ossa history in that thread. And yes my mechanic buddy has told me of the various KTM parts he routinely sees made in surprising countries. Good to hear about the AJP! Excited to have him back riding with our group as we?ve been racing/riding together over 40 years. But he never keeps the same bike for more than two years So?

There was someone in the UK doing a series of videos on the GPX (I think) and was pretty impressed. Did a full season (as a weekend warrior).
Some good bikes being made with chinesium these days, have a look at the Kove rally bike

Back