450 Clutch problem

trxpeter

Here's one for you , I have an 04 450 and the clutch drag is not going away no matter what we do. Plates ,springs and basket all OK ,you can hear it working inside when it's all buttoned up . The master has been bled and slave seems to be working fine, and there's more adjustment left at the lever but it only "just about" lets go 2mm from the bars. Is the master rebuildable , because I can only guess that's the problem but it could be wishfull thinking. What do you all think?

Here's one for you , I have an 04 450 and the clutch drag is not going away no matter what we do. Plates ,springs and basket all OK ,you can hear it working inside when it's all buttoned up . The master has been bled and slave seems to be working fine, and there's more adjustment left at the lever but it only "just about" lets go 2mm from the bars. Is the master rebuildable , because I can only guess that's the problem but it could be wishfull thinking. What do you all think?

I have the same bike and I've had to bleed my clutch like twice a year. :mad: Some times it took up to an hour to get ALL of the little bubbles out of the line that were causing drag and what not.

The AJP master cylinder we have is actually pretty nice and a pretty basic setup, but what you also might want to check is if it's leaking at the plunger at the master cylinder. If so, then get a rebuild kit at www.ajpamerica.com

Good luck and let me know what you find out.

Crankin04

Back