450 fse 2008 known issues?

mikhogl

Are there any problem with the injection on this bike? or is it just the earlier ones? Any other known issues?

Best regards

Mike

Not really, I'm in AZ and my 2009 hates the fuel here with high ethanol levels, caused me some fits before I figured it out. Now I run ethanol free fuel and it's a beast. I do/did have a problem with flame outs...on a carb I would call it a "tip in" stall. I have set my idle up to 1600ish and that seems to have fixed the problem so far..Katoom suggests 2000-2200rpm for their FI bikes and I have ridden orange FI bikes and they did the same thing with the idle set lower. They can benefit from a fan in hot climates, mine came with a 1.4 rad cap and I plan to change to a 1.8, that may be a good, cheap bit of insurance for you.

I think the 2008 has the newer Kokusan injection system, not the older Italian system. Good...has idle adjustment, Bad...not something you can "tune" with out some serious investment. (But doesn't seem to need the tuning the old system did.)

It CAN be kickstarted, it just takes a bible signed by the Pope, a prominent Rabbi and Satan. Get a good Lithium battery.

PM me with any questions.

Schlitzy

Hello , I'm from Spain , and my bike is a FSE 450 2009 .
Here in Spain there is very little information for this bike. I 'm looking for how to read the codes efi KOKUSAN breakdown and can not find the information . I 'm imagining that I have to buy the original gasgas interface to connect to the efi . I also have another problem without solution , I can not find any site for the electric motorcycle scheme to buy. if you can help me I 'm desperate . a greeting and .............. GASSSSSSSSSSS

Not really, I'm in AZ and my 2009 hates the fuel here with high ethanol levels, caused me some fits before I figured it out. Now I run ethanol free fuel and it's a beast.

Schlitzy

Where do you go for non ethanol fuel?

I just ordered a new injector for the flame out issues. Seemed like cheap insurance.

Back