99 ec 200 parting out

sweeper

Banned
Parting out a complete 99 ec 200.Minus rear shock.
Complete engine,will need a new rod,rubber intake boot has some cracks and moisture got into the lower end,I have a new in the box cr 250 rod which interchanges.Rest of the engine is in great shape.Messico pipe.

What shape is the pipe in ? How much you looking for ?

Thanks
.Ill take a closer look at the pipe,but it looked ok to me when I tore the bike down.Some surface rust,easy fix.I sand them down and paint them with a high quality high temp paint.Let it dry, shoot the whole pipe with wd 40 then work it over with a torch on low flame.They come out trick.A few dents and dings always make them rip a little harder. $100 bucks if you can use it.

what about the wheels?

The wheels are just ok.Rear wheel,is getting new Buchanen spokes,they arent cheap $130 bucks.So Id have to get $200 for the wheel after I lace it up.The front wheel has one small wack,nothing that would bother me.Id take $80 for the front wheel.I think Boardrider has a real nice front wheel available.

Im thinking about the 300.My buddy is still fishing in Alaska so maybe this spring.If it has a legit Oregon plate Ill probably pick it up.It runs real well Id like to sell the 300 engine to somebody and put a 250 engine in it that I picked up from Bowhunter.That 200 and the 250 were gonna nickel and dime me to death.$130 for a set of rear spokes!

By the way I still have that TM 300 en

Ha! No more project bikes for me. Too many in the barn already. Just redid a Kdx for my 15 yr. old and have a kx80 big wheel to do for my 13 yr. old.

I see a sweeperized Gasgas in your future:D

Ha! No more project bikes for me. Too many in the barn already. Just redid a Kdx for my 15 yr. old and have a kx80 big wheel to do for my 13 yr. old.

I see a sweeperized Gasgas in your future:D

That Tm is ready to rip,not a project.

KDX deff more my style.

Anyone know if the 1999 ec200 parts are interchangeable with a 2002 ec200?
Got a few parts I need and after 1 week of searching this bike seems to be the only 200 that's being parted out!

Cheers people

Which parts do you need? Unless this is an invitation to play GasGas Go Fish? ;)

Sorry bud

Seat, tank, rads, airbox covers, stand
That's all I could think of up to now.

Have that 2000 xc 250 also for parts Ken.
Im not the Gas Gas interchange expert,maybe Z-man can help.

By what I can tell Jim Cook seems to know whats up with these machines more then anyone else Ive seen weigh in.

In 1998 the seat and tank were different than 2000 but I am not sure about 1999. The air box covers from 2000 will fit 1999 and 1998 but the 2002 has a different air box and will not fit the earlier bikes unless you also change the airbox. The kick stand should fit fine.

Sweeper
How much for the kickstand dude?
I've managed to source most of the big parts from uk
When I take into factor shipping costs and chance of me getting import tax it's best to leave the big bulky stuff!

Got stung buying a hotrod crank/rod assembly from America, import tax cost me ?55!!!!
I can pay tomorrow

Cheers
Ken

Back