Aftermarket exhaust for FSE???

cal_tony

After spending a few hours online looking for an aftermarket exhaust for my 2004 FSE with no success, I thought I would ask the question here....Is there any aftermarket exhaust stuff avail for the FSE and if so where??.

I found the part number for the FMF muffler from their site ((045038) but nothing else.

My interest was spurred by looking at my DRZ with it's Titanium aftermarket exhaust parked alongside the FSE. Except for some minor differences in the bending, the exhaust systems are almost identical. However, there is a huge size difference between the DRZ header pipes (much larger) and the stock GG pipes.

The GG pipes are about the same size as my stock DRZ pipes. And I know what a difference it made to my DRZ when I put on the aftermarket exhaust. It was a Major performance difference.

So, anything similar for the GG??

Tony

Thank you for the reply.
I did remove the arrestor on the muffler and it seems to have increased the top end a bit. I was just surprised first to notice than to measure the differences between the DRZ aftermarket pipe and the stock GG pipe. I have not gone thru the parts lists for the later models but last night the thought hit me about whether or not GG increased the pipe size for the 500cc version.

I looked at both pipes again today and with out a doubt I could mount the DRZ pipe to the GG. Not that it would fit as it should but the bikes are so closely related that with a little baling wire I would at least be able to give it a riding test.

As i mentioned above, I did find the muffler part # for the GG but nothing on any pipes.

One thing I will mention is that throughout the power curve the GG was quicker than the DRZ but with the arresters in place on both bikes, and both bikes having a 41t sprocket, the top speed for the DRZ was higher than for the GG. That difference, I just chalked up to the pipe and muffler.

Thanks for the reply,
Tony

I have it on good authority that Doma make a system for the GG 4 strokes. You would need to contact Doma directly for one I reckon.

After spending a few hours online looking for an aftermarket exhaust for my 2004 FSE with no success, I thought I would ask the question here....Is there any aftermarket exhaust stuff avail for the FSE and if so where??.

I found the part number for the FMF muffler from their site ((045038) but nothing else.

My interest was spurred by looking at my DRZ with it's Titanium aftermarket exhaust parked alongside the FSE. Except for some minor differences in the bending, the exhaust systems are almost identical. However, there is a huge size difference between the DRZ header pipes (much larger) and the stock GG pipes.

Tony

I'm just about to try to fit my Scorpion muffler from my DRZ, looks a pretty
good fit to me... I'll keep you posted

Dan

Back