Aftermarket Radiator or Repair?

SS109

Looks like the last of the crash damage on my '11 to fix is my fill side radiator. It was twisted and now leaks on opposite corners (outside bottom, inside top). Ugh. Was really hoping to ride it this weekend but oh well.

Anyway, I know my options are to send it to Mylers to fix it for minimum $75, but probably would be higher than that, or order a replacement set from Ebay for $87 to $130. Well, unless someone has a good one they want to sell me? ;)

I like having a factory radiator but a new set for about the same as a repair is a tough choice. Any input on the aftermarket Chinese radiators? Any certain brand better than the others, brand I should run away from?

Mylers

Mylers did both of mine on my CR and they did a great job. I have used Chinese rad hoses and they have been fine.

I bought the ebay rads for my WR426, and they are stout and had zero issues. For $80-ish they aren't a bad purchase. However, Myler's is never a bad choice, especially if you spring for the reinforcement option.

Used JB weld on a mates where it was leaking as a result of the rad guard gacking into it.

Lots of clean, little bit of fan heater. Dry and pressure test with blocked off hose ends and a shrader valve in a bit of plastic bung and bike pump and bucket of water.

Back