Aftermarket wheel fitment.

shang

So I've been looking for an afordable option for a wheel to fit my paddle tire too. Considering I have the St. Anthony dunes, and Little Sahara within three hours of my house, we make a few trips there a year. I finally found something on my local classifieds and thought I would share.

This is the wheel as I picked it up.

It's an Excel G1 assembly. I paid $100. I think it was so cheap because the guy didn't know what it fit. I emailed Excel and Gary emailed me back a list of available spacers that would fit my 20mm axle.

So, this isn't the first time I've mixed brands of wheels and bike, and obviously the most important measurement is the distance between the sprocket and rotor. The rest is a matter of finding the right bearing size, (which is usually pretty simple) and making or finding wheel spacers to get everything lined up. Then you either need to find, or have made, a proper sized rear brake rotor. Mine will use an early yz250 rotor.

This wheel looks to be for an early YZ450 or possibly a 2t 250. But given the rim width of 2.5. More likely a 450.

Anyway, I'm just waiting on a new rim lock and I will get it fitted up. I know that GasGas owners always seem to be looking for wheel options so I thought I would share. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Well it's fitted up! I'm just waiting on a brake rotor now. I found a bunch of the older YZ rotors are the same OD as the Gasser rotor. I had to take 5mm or so off the brake side spacer but everything lines up!

Back