Any issues with 2014 EC300?

racemx904

Looking at picking one up but really don't know anything about them....

How does it compare to a ktm or husky?

I had an 09 300... liked it but made for midgets... had 04 250 and it was ok but parts mismatch was crazy...

I picked up my first GasGas this year, a 2013 XC300E. I'm 6'4" and the bike fits me really well. I put the clamps in the forward position and did bar risers with Fasst Flexx bars. I came off of a KX450, so I'm comparing it with one of the larger bikes out there and I think it's every bit as big. The cockpit ergos are better for me on the GG though. I did a tall soft seat foam but ended up cutting it down about an inch. Honestly I doubt it matters. I don't sit much.

I also rode a 2013 Beta 300rr this weekend and that thing felt tiny.

As far as parts mismatch, I'm not sure what you mean? It's all GasGas and all the parts are available from the dealers.

Overall I really like the bike. My riding has improved dramatically compared to being on the KX.

I haven't owned any of the new KTMs or Huskies to compare it with, but I did have an 04 Husky TC450 and that bike was mostly just terrible.

Anyway, I hope this helps a little.

My only issue (that was the bike fault) was a failed starter bendix. I rebuilt it using a Honda part and no problems since. There is a thread on here about how to do it.

Compared to my 11 the 14 is awesomely narrow. At first it had WAY more power but I forgot that I changed the gearing in mine so that could be the difference. Saying that the 14 has a TON of power. What I didn't like was the harsh front forks although I made no attempt at adjusting them and they can always be adjusted to the rider. Great bike IMHO

The old bikes were mutts....

??? I love my old 300!

The 14 feels big like my 03 3hunny [in comparison to my 01 250] but not as tall as the KTM's. My buddy liked my 01 250 so much that he sold his YZ450F and bought it ... he's 6'2. always thought it felt on the "small" side, so I guess it is rider preference.

Back