Anyone used a Pivot Works swingarm kit?

GGRider01

I'm putting bearings in the bike and got a swingarm kit from Pivot Works. Kind of disappointed at the moment to be quite honest. The swingarm pivot bushings look kind of wimpy compared to OEM. The very robust metal/rubber seals that have to be pressed in are replaced by ordinary o-rings. The caged roller bearings are replaced by cheap needle bearings.

The most alarming thing that has me worried is the amount of radial play between the new needle bearings and the swingarm pivot bushings.

I also installed a linkage kit and the bearings are the same, but the bushings fit much nicer and actually cause the needles to roll when twisted, whereas the pivot bushings spin freely without rolling the needles.

Not sure if they're even worth installing :mad:

Don't throw in the towel just yet.

The o-rings do a better job than the seals.
The rollers won't twist when the sleeve is installed.

The new bushings have the wrong ID I just noticed.. Will polish the old and re-run them, I guess. I think this is one of those reasons everyone lists parts for 01 and up only.

Maybe these will not jiggle so much in the needle bearing.

Ok, so I went a bit overboard and started shoving bearings into this thing like crazy.. and now I don't have enough..! :o In several places it holds 3 bearings in series quite nicely, so I'm going to run them.. the load rating will be through the roof!

The problem now is finding cageless needle bearings to make up the deficit.. 22x28x16. HK2216s have a cage, I can't find their cageless counterpart.

Sometimes I post right before I find the information I need.. part is 22BM2816, also DL2216. Hard to find and too expensive. Caged it is.

The bearing kit I got locally had two sets of bushes for different sized pivot bolts

What brand was it? This one looks like it's been in a warehouse for 10 years, so maybe they've changed things over the years. Got the bearings in, just need a shock from LTR. New tire on the rear, should be good as new.

Not if the kit I used works for 03. The id Of the bearing bush is different the od is the same, the bolt will be different diameter as well

Back