Army champs

Diggs345

Gold Level Site Supporter
I did a two day trial / time card enduro last weekend at aldershot as a vet in the army champs comp , it rained hard all day friday but luckily stopped before the event .
Saterday was trials sections with 4 laps stopping alond the way to attempt the trials section ( not my cup of tea) which i struggled with untill i took the steering stops out and then was only marginally better lol.
Sunday was a propper time card enduro of which i did another 4 loops all within time ,and 6 mins to spare in the tightest test in the vets expert group , 2 special tests also with average times in my group , im learning and greatly enjoying the timecard events:D

null-52.jpg

null-26.jpg

Diggs, how do you find timecards compare to hare and hounds physically? Can most riders generally get their breath back / recover a bit between the tighter tests, or is it like h&h where once you start making mistakes / getting tired, difficulties compound and you get slower and slower?

Diggs, how do you find timecards compare to hare and hounds physically? Can most riders generally get their breath back / recover a bit between the tighter tests, or is it like h&h where once you start making mistakes / getting tired, difficulties compound and you get slower and slower?

The xc event i did was a shock to my system and thinking back i did not enjoy it so much , once i got tired i was getting slower and slower like you said , now timecard gives you a chance to recover between checks which for me is a godsend as i sit on a digger all week so dont get much exercise , my bike fitness is getting better though .
Hare and hounds or timecard , at the moment i prefer the latter to be honest .
I think i burned myself out the leading up to the graythewaite event , i did 3 weeks of 84 hours a week ... 5 hour drive home ... Sorted bike most of the next day ... Then went out on the tuesday and hurt my back when i tried to ride over a 2.5ft log and the bike spat me off before landing on the middle of my back ....wednesday i got up at 4am drove to wales stinking of deep heat and rode for 5hours on a training day with lee walters before driving back another 5 hours .... Thursday prepared bike again for the weekend .... Worked in the garage on the friday .... Drove to the lakes on the saterday , then did the event on sunday :eek: before driving 3 hours home and then another 4 hours that night to get back to work for 5.30 am monday morning .
Last weeks i took it much more relaxed , no ride before event , drove down to aldershot on the friday so i had plenty of rest for the event , it made a world of difference to my energy levels :D , i not aching too much this week either .
I would like to do the fowlers event next weekend but this job is still not finished so ill have to miss that unfortunatly , but ill be back dirt bike show week so the bike will get a run out somewhere even if its enduroland lol

Long drives home when tired and spaced out after riding are a problem. I'll demand a driver in the works contract negotiations :D

Any recommendations for a novice friendly timecard event ? Not 100% sure what to expect, but will never find out if I don't give it a try.

Long drives home when tired and spaced out after riding are a problem. I'll demand a driver in the works contract negotiations :D

Any recommendations for a novice friendly timecard event ? Not 100% sure what to expect, but will never find out if I don't give it a try.

Not sure to be honest , the yorkshire ones are supposed to be quite reasonable , well the guys from the yorkshire club said they were no where near as hard as the graythwait one lol , thetford enduro should be ok as its relativly flat , best bet would be to keep an eye out on enduro news .

Back