Bit more freedom in the sport back in those days

I love it! Rugby jerseys, hiking and Malaya boots, leathery helmets, bikes swapping all the way through the woops, tyre changes...sounds like my first pony express in 85.

Even a mention of Jeff Smith, who would go on to more world championships, & be one of the key guys behind the CanAms of the 70's.
Met him at the Corduroy Enduro a couple years ago. He had some really funny stories from those days that he shared at the Saturday nite dinner.

Cool Video ! Thanks for sharing. There was no mention of the manufactures name of those bikes. Were most of those bikes Triumphs?

I've been showing this vid to any older guys who'll watch it. The factory is Grieves and some of the tracks are in Essex as well. It's been cool that people have said 'i remember riding there' or 'that track was a lot bumpier than it looks'.
It was definitely a lot easier to find a place to ride in those days. Trail riding ( greenlaning) is very limited now and the lanes that remain get graded or flattened out (especially in Essex)
:-(

2004 EC 200

Wow thank you for sharing that was a great video. I love the pinups behind Dave and his friend putting together their bike. Such a classic video.

Back