Boyesen dual stage reeds

Grampy

The aftermarket parts link lists Boyesen dual stage reeds, but the link doesn't get me there. Also can't find them listed for Gas Gas when I do get to the Boyesen site. Anyone know where to get them?

Just give Boysen a call and they will give you a part # if you cant find it.. very nice people,, I stopped in and picked mine up right there on the way home from work one day.. If I could remember the # I would post it.. but the older I get the more these simple things start slipping away..

The RAD valve that was OEM on the pre '05 GasGas gives you a few options:

1) OEM GasGas dual stage reeds

2) Replacement dual stage reeds for a Honda CR250 RAD valve, which is the same as a GG RAD valve with the exception of spigot angle.

3) Carbon Tech single stage replacement reeds for the GasGas RAD valve.

I liked option #3 the best, as I felt it boosted low/mid a bit. Carbon Tech is now owned by Boyeesen I beleive, so this may no longer be an option, call and find out. http://www.carbontech.com

Change the rubber carb spigot boot while your at it, also available from Boyeesen, cheap.

Best thing is go to a VForce with the '05+ manifold.

Thanks for the info. Although I have owned and ridden bikes for 45 years, this is my first Gas Gas. I have only had it for 3 weeks. I now know that I have a rad valve. Does it already have two stage reeds installed from the factory?

It does have two stage reeds,, but if factory reeds till, they are not CF and they most likely need to be replaced. If you have the cash,, change out to a v-force,, if not go with the CF boysen reeds..

Just a clairification, my 05 de250 has the Boysen reed cage and a spacer, what is the purpose of that spacer?? I was thinking of switching to the v-force for a boost in low end power, i've sent the head off for squish mods and am ordering a gnarly pipe to replace the fatty. Any idea on the use of the spacer?

Back