Can I get a 2010 GG 450 in the US?

markwoodlief

Gold Level Site Supporter
I've searched and searched and am not finding 2010+ 450's. Did GasGas not import them? My 400fse is due for a replacement and I keep drooling over pictures like this..

2010_ec450_GasGas.jpg

not platable in WA.. its a wash for me.. :(.. sucks.. would make a great trail worthy dualsport IMO.. husky or husaberg i suppose.. :confused:..

Hi Mark.

Hey, with the new Wa State regs passed, can we plate this bike now? I'd like to get another bike before I beat mine up too badly. I too have been lusting after this one for a yr now.

Edit: I realize they think the 450 market is flooded, but it's still the perfect size for guys like me that can have only one bike to do it all. I can ride Walker Valley ORV Park single track and Mt Baker FS roads, everything on the east side of the mountains, and the Washington Backcountry Discovery Route. If i can't renew with a late model Gasser, I'll probably buy my brother in law's '08 Husaberg fe 550 and he'll get a new Husaberg 570 from Tasky's.

His '08 H'berg is sweet and I'm frikin amazed at the power, but I'd rather stay with GG.

Last edited:
Hi Mark.

Hey, with the new Wa State regs passed, can we plate this bike now? I'd like to get another bike before I beat mine up too badly. I too have been lusting after this one for a yr now.

Edit: I realize they think the 450 market is flooded, but it's still the perfect size for guys like me that can have only one bike to do it all. I can ride Walker Valley ORV Park single track and Mt Baker FS roads, everything on the east side of the mountains, and the Washington Backcountry Discovery Route. If i can't renew with a late model Gasser, I'll probably buy my brother in law's '08 Husaberg fe 550 and he'll get a new Husaberg 570 from Tasky's.

His '08 H'berg is sweet and I'm frikin amazed at the power, but I'd rather stay with GG.

i know where 1 2010 450 is right now brand new... let Gary know at SPS.. can be delivered, and extremely cheap!!

i know where 1 2010 450 is right now brand new... let Gary know at SPS.. can be delivered, and extremely cheap!!

Dude, I'm shaking with anticipation.:D

Is it customary to invest in new plastics before selling (especially after 140 hours of Walker!)

The trials course went well today, I trust?

Dude, I'm shaking with anticipation.:D

Is it customary to invest in new plastics before selling (especially after 140 hours of Walker!)

The trials course went well today, I trust?

I ended up not riding after all.. I practiced a little yesterday and ended up bagging it.. good thing too. there was some nationally ranked trials riders there as well as Paul Ness, and some other ISDE type enduro riders.. it was quite the show..

So is GG done with the 4t's or is it just on the back burner? I would have thought that with one of the first functioning EFI bikes, they'd be all over that, seeing how everyone else is going EFI. Anything for 2012?

Well, thanks to ScottyR and MarkWoodlief I was able to claim the last of only a handful of 2010 450's to enter the U.S. I absolutely adore this bike. I can't imagine a company would stop producing it...but I don't claim to be in the know.

IMG_2382.jpg

Oliviaand2010GasGas007.jpg

IMG_2464.jpg

I hope its only a temp thing for the US market.. I'd like to have a 4stroke GG and a 2 stroke in 2012 or 2013.. best of both worlds.. cause its real hard to run a 2 stroker on straight gas and do longer DS rides..

Say, have U guys looked into plating your 2010's yet? Let me know how it goes when U do please. I live on the east side over here in Cashmere, Wa. and would like to plate my KDX 220 for a buddy bike eventually.
I would love to know what U guys paid for those georgous bikes too.
Do U think finding parts will be relatively easy?

drool over it daily and even went to SkagitPowersports to see if i can get the info on it.. they had no idea.. that would be a sweet machine..

I was told Australia was the only market to get the 2011 450 4T.
They sell quite a few, and are still regarded as one of the best 450 around.

I can not understand why they did not sell in the US.
I just hope Gas Gas don't do something stupid and drop it from there range or worse still put an outdated Yamaha engine in it.
The fuel injection on the 2011 GG is the best I ridden.
I love it.

I've got my temporary plate and paper work, ;) just waiting for the seller to send an odometer disclosure form that Wa DMV requires.

But my MSO may be different than that of a KDX, so I don't know...

The US market is saturated with 450F woods bikes of every flavor. The peak of the fad is over, its 2-strokes that sell now. The only way for the GG 450 to make a dent would be for it to be an EPA legal bike, but that investment is likely not worth it considering projected sales.

I was told Australia was the only market to get the 2011 450 4T.
They sell quite a few, and are still regarded as one of the best 450 around.

I can not understand why they did not sell in the US.
I just hope Gas Gas don't do something stupid and drop it from there range or worse still put an outdated Yamaha engine in it.
The fuel injection on the 2011 GG is the best I ridden.
I love it.

i was at the australian gas gas ride day were all the 2011 models were ready for test rides.
i took the 450 and 250 4 strokes out and found myself allways going back to the 250. they both are great bikes!!

Back