clutch rivet size help and will it fit my 013

rvktm

a while back i brought a clutch basket with gear of a gg 250 it has a date stamp of 08 on the basket all the rivets have bean drilled out any one no the size of the rivet , the hole size is 4.2 can i use 1/8 mild steel rivet .also will it fit my 013 300 thanks

I believe standard pop rivets will not work. I would tap the holes and use screws with Loctite like everyone does for aftermarket baskets.

I think it is still common for people to tap threads into the stock basket and use bolts to put it back together.

I used "Reaper Rivets" from a farm shop on a husky I was restoring. I think they are used for holding flail blades onto something, close to 5mm Dia, 20mm long and just cut them down to right length.

I struggled to find the right Dia/length/CSK combination anywhere. Rivets are mainly an aviation thing these days 100/130? csk angle.

5/32 would be a better fit for 4.2mm hole, ideally you would want a 4mm metric rivet. Remember to get a rivet long enough to allow proper forming of the head, typically stack thickness +1.5x dia.
There should enough material to open up the hole a little to allow for a bigger rivet or re-cut the csk to suit something you can get.

EDIT#Never been inside the gasgas clutch so not sure how the rivets are....

We're the rivets Aluminum or stainless steel? Please let us know how it works out.

I just had this issue I drilled out my only to find the new one was not correct. I did want to wait for a new one. I used stainless rivets and had to peen them for clearance. No problems

Back