coolant over flow

Just went for a ride on my 06 450 an noticed a constant flow out of my overflow hose? The bike was just serviced by me and the coolant was changed about 3 months ago and have had no probs on other rides with overflow.I'm thinking that it might be a stuck or a sticky thermostat any ideas would be great, oh and the temp at time of the ride was 27 c:confused:

I don't know anything about the 4 strokes but you may have a plastic coolant impeller ? If you got it hot enough it could have melted. It's easy to check. LTR sells a metal one. Even if that's not your problem I'd suggest switching to the metal one.
On the 2 strokes you can just lay the bike on it's left side and change it out without loosing coolant.

coolant overflow

No worries Brian its still pumping a flow an yesterday when i started the bike to check the oil level and also went for a ride to the shop no probs with it until this morning:confused:

Just went for a ride on my 06 450 an noticed a constant flow out of my overflow hose?

Do you mean it was flowing out and on the ground, or into the resivor?

When I boiled mine on a soft beach ride going with the wind the stock cap did not seal any longer.

I have now changed it to a KTM one.

Gav

Blown head gasket pressurizing system?

If everything else is OK, I would run the LTR impeller and EVANS NPG-R coolant, that would solve any boilover problems.

We've had some problems with radiator caps in the past.

Thanks Nick checked out the cap and yes and found a minute piece of crap on the rubber an no probs now i should'av looked harder.Thanks guys justgoes to show that this site can help all of us world wide:D

Back