Cycra Composite Pro Bend Handguards

gasIdaho

Just got set-up with a set of Cycra Composite Pro Bend Handguards.

I had the old Pro Bend model and finally got rid of them after the shields cracked and the guards were bent beyond repair.

Just put these Composite guards through the ringer doing alot of desert/trials type stuff where I was dumping the bike a lot in the rock gardens. They are really tough :D They seem to damp vibration in my bar better which was an added bonus.

Very easy to mount. The U-Clamps are very ergo and stout. Actually had a couple of the bolts snap during transit. Called Cycra and they said they had a bad batch of bolts. Sent me a new set of clamps overnight!! Props to them.

I bought a set when they 1st came out and was very impressed at how rugged they were and how easy they were to mount.
Unfortunately, my 1st race was in February. I dropped the bike in some rocks and the Cycra snapped like a pretzel.
You've been running them in the cold with no problems ?

It was in the 40's...low to mid. I would say 'not cold'. I won't ride in anything colder unless it's a snowmachine, sboard or skis. Did Cycra step-up and replace?

Driggs!! I spent 2 years in Jackson, you must ski at the gee, "Powder from Heaven not hoses" Best powder days I had when i was out there were at the gee. Best fishing was on the south fork!

Yep..the Ghee and JH. It's been a sick winter. I'm approaching 70 powder days for the winter. Finally had to drive to Boise last week for mid 40's wet-dirt riding. Won't be trail riding around here until late June. I'm sick of the snow at this point. Got the boat dug out and ready to hit the S. Fork.....tight lines!!

70 days? Damn... I thought I was doing pretty well at 30 days as of last weekend.

I should be riding my dirtbike in another week depending if the current warm weather sticks around.

I only have about ten days in the powder. However, I have got about 25 rides in the dirt or should I say mud this winter!

Paul B

Just got set-up with a set of Cycra Composite Pro Bend Handguards.

Did you mount them to the stock bars? If so, which clamps did you use? I just took delivery of a set of Cycra Solution mounts, but they're really quite heavy. I haven't even opened the package yet because I might send them back. Protection vs. weight was never an issue with me, but I'm thinking a set of plastic guards might be better on the EC300 for the slower trail riding I do. I know polisport makes something, and there's the Acerbis Rally Pro, but I'm not sure which brackets I'd use for the stock bars. :confused:

I used to have the all-plastic Acerbis Rallys and honestly never had a problem. They saved my hands from some brutal hits and went right back to work. I'm not sure why I switched to metal.

I have busted several sets of Acerbis Rally handguards. They rotate way to easy and plastic and cold weather riding don't mix.

Did you mount them to the stock bars? If so, which clamps did you use? I just took delivery of a set of Cycra Solution mounts, but they're really quite heavy. I haven't even opened the package yet because I might send them back. Protection vs. weight was never an issue with me, but I'm thinking a set of plastic guards might be better on the EC300 for the slower trail riding I do. I know polisport makes something, and there's the Acerbis Rally Pro, but I'm not sure which brackets I'd use for the stock bars. :confused:

Get a set of the BONZ mounts with the EE/Moose guards and the Moose shields to go with your new ProTect bar mount. Nice clean setup. Even if your just doing slow trail riding you want the full handguards to protect the levers and master cylinders from damage from those times when you fall. I vote for Pivot Pegs by the way for your new scoot. Love mine.

Skidad in MA

Skidad,

Do the pivot pegs make shifting any eaiser with larger/stiffer boots? My new SG10s are very nice, comfy, and appear to offer great protection. They are just a little bigger in overall dimmensions than my Tech 6s and ARC 220s and I may have to do some shifter adjustment(tweaking) to feel natural. One spline up is too high. Maybe after a couple rides things will change. I used to run lowboy Fastways on my '03, but I noticed a definate increase in hits on the rocks so I left the '07 stock.

It's not going to change. I have the SG-10's too and my shifter is too high, but I can't get my boot under it if I move it down a spline.

Since the stock shifter is so short and the shift tip is so flimsy, I'm counting on Hammerhead coming out with the shifter this month.

Skidad,

Do the pivot pegs make shifting any eaiser with larger/stiffer boots? My new SG10s are very nice, comfy, and appear to offer great protection. They are just a little bigger in overall dimmensions than my Tech 6s and ARC 220s and I may have to do some shifter adjustment(tweaking) to feel natural. One spline up is too high. Maybe after a couple rides things will change. I used to run lowboy Fastways on my '03, but I noticed a definate increase in hits on the rocks so I left the '07 stock.

I would say yes it will help some but may not solve your problem completely. They allow the foot to more easily articulate on that front edge of the peg which can help some. I was not aware the Pivot Pegs has a low position option, I just put mine on the way they came. I'll need to check on that. The SG10 was SO much bigger a boot between the size 10 and 11 (which I needed) that I wouldn't buy it. My foot looked huge and it really bugged me. Very happy so far with my Six Six One Flight boots in size 11. I'll bet you have an 11 or bigger SG10 boot.

Skidad in MA

My boots are size 8 and I can't get them under the shifter in the prefered level.

Mine are size 9. I may even have been able to fit in size 8s. I wear 8 1/2 sneakers and the place I ordered them from said go with the 9, feels a hair big but OK with heavy socks though. The toe of the boot is just taller. I think a little heating and tweaking the shifter up about 10mm will work, that was an old Jim Cook trick. I have an extra shifter to try it on.

I'm a size nine, Tech 7s. I bent my shifter up quite a bit and it helped a little with upshift. I think the longer shifter would be a better solution because at some point in bending you end up having to lift your foot way up for downshifting. The longer lever will give added room without raising the "resting" position too high for comfortable downshifts. I have an extra shifter and I'm going to try welding in an extension to see how that works.

There are posts here with bigfoot people who are very pleased with the Hammerhead shifter.

Back