Desert 100 Photo

REVERUP

Gold Level Site Supporter
Yours truly, a couple minutes into the largest mass start race in the country. 2012 Desert 100 Odessa, Washington. 950 Racers and a Starting line a mile+ long.

D1002012b-600-L.jpg

What a great pic! bet you had a blast. One day I've promised myself I will get out to the west and try out the wide open spaces and the god dirt of the upper northwest! Hope you had a great time.

Congratulations on a fantastic finish too since you're too modest to mention. My work firewall won't let me open the results but seems you were in the top 30 overall?
My kid had a high-speed "dismount" on the straight-away after crossing the river. Rung his bell pretty good so he quit when he made the pits after the first lap. Said he couldn't focus on 2 courses at the same time :D

Thanks Guys.

Jeff hope your son has since bounced back. I remember how youth allowed me to shake off and heal after those separations from the bike in a couple days, not so much anymore.;) That section was fast and rough. I was getting some head shake through there, I don't run a stabilizer and it was noticeable.

Yes, 28th overall and 6th In the old timers class.

BRRAAAAAP!
Roscoe

Ok So here is a link to a Video of this years start from the poles looking back across the open desert. Watch for a flying bike upper left horizon.

The commentary from the guy without a clue cracks me up. Turn the sound down if bad language offends you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XwF_Sa6L48&feature=share
Minus the commentary, that's actually a pretty good clip. I worked that whole weekend, but watched hours of video, when people started posting.

@commentary. You can't make that stuff up. I'm rolling laughing.:D:D

Yeah his quote of the day has to be right at the end of the clip, "Is that anything like Washougal" :D

Although I laughed so hard with his " It's like an invasion..........Terminator " quote also. ;)

I bet the enviro's are stewing that dirt bikers are having fun!

I believe the enviro's are never satisfied until the get land taken away from everyone, including themselves. Then there like hey wait a minute. We have seen that happen here in Washington ;)

Back