DID "U" wheel set

gasser

Professionally powder coated to any color you pick. Hub and spokes will be the same color. Rims are straight, no dings, spokes are tight. Taking offers

Bump for my buddy Ken since hes taken over.

Cant you lump it all in one post and edit it as parts are sold 4 frigin pages COME ON MAN

BUMP it makes a lot of difference.
The kind of difference, that's why people keep mentioning it!

Wheels are from a 2001 GG300. They are currently silver but I can have them powdercoated any color you like however I will not dismantle the wheels so spokes, wheel, and hub will all be the same color. Front wheel would require larger bearings to fit any gasser 2007 or later because of the larger axle. Rear would require a different spacer and outer bearing on the drive side to update it to newer models.

I'm not familiar enough with the powder coating process, but it sounds like there isn't a way to coat just the rim without taking the wheel apart...is that right?

I'm not familiar enough with the powder coating process, but it sounds like there isn't a way to coat just the rim without taking the wheel apart...is that right?

Correct, an electrical charge holds the powder to the part after being sprayed on. The part is then baked at something like 350-400 degrees which changes the powder to a more paint like substance.

They do have a masking tape designed for powdercoat, but I'm guessing it would be just as time consuming to mask all of the spokes as it would be to just disassemble the wheel. And if you disassemble the wheel, you might as well have the hoop anodized.

Back