Ec250 1997-2001 gearbox into 2010 engine?

foktorrr

I'm in the works of rebuiding my engine since some of the teeth are broken off on 2nd and 3rd gears on the main axle side, I'm on a bit of a budget so I was looking at used sets but was wondering will the 1997-2001 main and secondary axles fit the 2010 cases etc or are there any differences that will disregard that option? Or is there anything else I'll need from the 97-01 engine?
As looking at the catalogs they seem to mention only about 2002-2017 sets if I remember correctly. Thanks in advance!

I know there was an upgrade to certain gearsets around the 04 year. The gearbox components are extremely similar but the only way would be to try it. You can try and find parts diagrams and see if bearing/shift forks/shift drum are the same. If so you should be halfway there.

There are occasionally people parting out bikes here. That's how I got my spare gearbox (sorry its my spare just in case). Try find something that is near in range and you will be sure.

I know there was an upgrade to certain gearsets around the 04 year. The gearbox components are extremely similar but the only way would be to try it. You can try and find parts diagrams and see if bearing/shift forks/shift drum are the same. If so you should be halfway there.

Thanks for the advise, I just bought it from ebay for 150? so I will see in couple weeks if it fits or not :D in worst case I have to get the older engines forks and shift drum then i guess

I dropped a complete gear set from an '04 into my 2011 without issue. Given that Nate thought they made some changes in '04, you may want to stick with looking for an '04 or newer set, if you can find them.

I dropped a complete gear set from an '04 into my 2011 without issue. Given that Nate thought they made some changes in '04, you may want to stick with looking for an '04 or newer set, if you can find them.

Yeah they were a supersession of certain gear sets. They all fit into the same case obviously. It was an improvement on materials from what I can remember.

Yeah they were a supersession of certain gear sets. They all fit into the same case obviously. It was an improvement on materials from what I can remember.

Yeah the sets themselves were identical.

Another question I have is would anyone happen to know the size of the half moon thingy? I think it called woodruff or whatever it's on the clutch side of the crank keeping the gear in the end in one spot.

Back