Electric Start Sub-frame

This is compatible for 1996 - 2006. Brand new; make offer.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 21
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 18
no one interested in a brand new subframe ready for a E-start; or you just need a replacement for a damaged piece on your bike??

My subframe is twisted. How much are you asking? Mines an 05/06 ec250. Been looking around for the right one.

That subframe looks like it's the 07'-11' style and would need the newer (07'-11') seat, fender, side panels and air box to work on the 06' and older bikes.

Even if you hack off the battery box? I have no use for a battery. I don't mind upgrading plastics and a seat. Just wanted to go cheap because my subframe is definitely out of wack.very hard to fit everything where it should be.

Even if you hack off the battery box? I have no use for a battery. I don't mind upgrading plastics and a seat. Just wanted to go cheap because my subframe is definitely out of wack.very hard to fit everything where it should be.
Have you tried tweaking yours back into shape?

I tried. The airbox doesn't sit right. Plastics are kinda buldging out. I'll have to strip it completely and figure out. Any pointers would be great.

Depending on how's it bent up, I would strip it down completely so it's just the bare subframe bolted to the frame. Take measurements to different areas of the bike to reference from side to side & up and down. Use a long chunk of 2x4, square tube, pipe or whatever and carefully work it back it it's original position still mounted to the main frame. Get creative, maybe use a small bottle jack too if needed.

Last edited:
Leave the mounting bolts tight while doing it? I got Jack's, rubber mallets, a bunch of stuff. I just don't even know how to take the airbox out. Almost considered running a uni pod filter right off the carb with the dust protector.

Fitment was amazing. I used my original seat by drilling a hole in the rear. Seems like it might work. It clears everything. I'll find out when I get my plastics. I got a 2007 entire airbox assembly. I just stuck the filter on the carb so I could do some testing. Runs great. I want to get a headlight so I have to figure out the wiring. I found yellow is the power, but the green/ yellow and purple don't have power running to it. So I need to figure out where a high/ low switch would hook up and I'm sure things will change. That's my next hurdle. I got a light off my old it200 and I got the high low switch off it. It should work..... A+ seller. Everything was smooth and for only $75 bucks shipped, it was a great deal. Highly recommended seller.

Depending on how's it bent up, I would strip it down completely so it's just the bare subframe bolted to the frame. Take measurements to different areas of the bike to reference from side to side & up and down. Use a long chunk of 2x4, square tube, pipe or whatever and carefully work it back it it's original position still mounted to the main frame. Get creative, maybe use a small bottle jack too if needed.

It was severely bent when I took it off the bike last night. Not when worth saving unless you want to spend some time on it. It is lighter than the steel one I just got, but I can't see the steel one bending at all. Much better quality.

Back