engine gasgas ec125

Hi guys
I have a gasgas ec125 year 2013
I have scalvini exhoust and jd racing ignition
I have bad things going on it feels like the bike is running bad and on just way to high rpm i dont have any power in the lower rpms
I wonder if it have witch the ignition to do or the exhoust i checked the powervalve and its wworking great in the week i gonna try witch adjust the carburator to bigger main jet becuse i think its running lean it isnt smooth at all

I wonder what the diffrence is witch the aftermarket ignition is it better or whorse?????:confused::confused::confused:

So first thing, change the plug. It's amazing what that fixes .

Has it ever run right since you;
Bought it?
Changed something?

Is a new ngk sparkplug in did that when i fixed the whole engine nope the engine has never runed great is had like 165 main yet when i bought and putted in 185 little difrence and its runs still bad gonna try again witch the carb:mad::mad::mad:

Ok, so no experience with the 125, most of jetting thread here are 250 or 300, but look in the jetting section to see what is typical.

You might want to edit first post as it is hard to read the symptoms.

A change from 165 to 185 is 8 sizes up. That won't help as it must be crazy rich if 165 was near standard. Google std as starting point. Clean carb out checking pilot entry both air and gas, and exit. Block one, blow with air, jet removed. Block other, repeat.

Ok here's my working theory. The ignition coil of the stator on many bikes lasts typical 10 years. The insulation breaks down and ignition gets sketchy. Might start ok but gets progressively worse. Buy a new cdi. Doesn't help. Sell bike. That's where you come in?

Not sure if they use same 2k2 or 2k3 stator as bigger engine. Check carefully for fitment if you decide to buy one.

According to my 2015 manual, the OEM 125cc jet sizes are

main : 185
idle : 40
needle: N1EC, 2nd notch from top

Ok amended theory;

The ignition coil of the stator on many bikes lasts typical 10 years. The insulation breaks down and ignition gets sketchy. Might start ok but gets progressively worse. Buy a new cdi. Doesn't help. Put in 165 main to try stop stuttering. Engine seizes. Sell bike. That's where you come in?

Maybe try to raise the needle by lowering the clip one slot. You can advance your ignition timing by rotating the timing plate about 3mm opposite the direction the flywheel rotates. Can you do a compression check and measure the peak PSI with the throttle wide open while you are kicking it?

Back