Front sprocket?

wence

Bronze Level Site Supporter
Hello again,
I have just checked the front sprocket on my 300 after about 6 decent rides and it is sawtoothing.
It is a talon.
I have replaced the whole setup, supersprox steel alloy rear, new x ring chain and the sprocket.
This seems to be a very short run out of this sprocket so I was wondering what you guys use and recommend for longevity and price.
I am looking at $30 Aud for another talon but would be interested in something else if it lasted longer.
Cheers Mark

I got one summer out of the OEM Talon. Replaced with an Ironman from Dirt tricks. 2 winters and 1 summer so far, with no real signs of wear. It was more expensive than a Talon, but ......

I got about as much out of my first Talon as I did with an Ironman. I'm back with a Talon because that is what my dealer had, so time will tell if it last as well as my first one.

A front is usually twice as hard as a rear sprocket but goes around about 3 times as many times.

A tip from a bike tour company I got once always works for me. Put a fresh set of chain & sprockets on. As soon as you get to 1000 - 1200 klms or so, change the front, even if it looks pretty good.

That way it will not wear real hard, stopping it wear your chain out of shape and inturn wear your rear sprocket. The set is only as good as the most worn part.

That was the plan Keg but I reckon it would be well under 1000 ks now and front is very worn.
Cheers Mark

It might be the wettest Aussie winter in 10 years. Everything is wearing harder. We have never sold so many brake pads and discs as in the last 4 months.

I have a few mates that are big fans of Renthal fronts. Might be worth trying.

Thanks Keg,
What are they worth mate?
Cheers Mark

P.S Are keen for the Endurocross in SA?

Back