FSE450 POURS oil out breather when starting

Khody

Hello,
2005 FSE450
First I know there are threads out there about oil coming out of the breather hose, and it seems to be the norm for the FSE's.

My problem is a little different. When my bike decides it doesn't want to start right away, it ends up pouring oil out of the breather tube. A stream of oil.

After 2-3 attempts of 3-5 sec of turning over if it doesn't start, I can hear oil chugging and bubbling up the breather. And any attempts at starting after that just pours oil out. To the point of puddles of it on the ground.

The breather tube is rerouted up over the throttle body, into the airbox, then down to the bottom.

As far as how much oil I put in, It does it down to the point of no oil on the dipstick when i do an oil check. And i put in 1200ml with filter replacement.

Any suggestions or help here would be fantastic.

Don't chug it.

Crank it in short bursts, no more than two-three thumps at a time. Then let go of the button, wait until pump stops, then hit it again. Do try going wide open throttle, then hit the button, works a charm when dead cold. Be prepared to let go of the throttle immediately.

When bike has been sitting for a prologned period, all the oil has drained from the frame oil tank to the sump, and chuggin it only pumps the oil up the breather, and when cold the slow running oil have hard time flowing back down again.

Back