GG 250's riding thru NY City

I used to live only a few miles from the tunnel and I've been to all of those places many times. Its hard to beleive they were able to do that, I wonder if they had a permit or something. Mike is an ECEA rider, I should ask him what the deal was. A 2-stroke is just an alien sound in the city, with my luck I'd be arrested in a few blocks. They would make an excellent urban assualt bike though, but I'd prefer some SM wheels and rubber.

Yeah, finding out the inside-scoop would be cool. I wished the video had normal sound instead of music. Hearing the braaap of a 2 stroke within the city would have been great.

Awesome!

They should have stopped at my grandmothers on Long Island. She would have feed you!

There is an explanation over on the ECEA forum,, they were just out for a ride,, the bikes were tagged,, and figured WTF,, the truck was parked on the Jersey side of the bridge,, in they went.. No hot dogging,, wheelies,, stoppies or stairs.. I dont know if I could have kept my composure..
Mike must have some great self control.. and he has the best bikes as "play bikes",, who does he race for now?

There is an explanation over on the ECEA forum,, they were just out for a ride,, the bikes were tagged,, and figured WTF,, the truck was parked on the Jersey side of the bridge,, in they went.. No hot dogging,, wheelies,, stoppies or stairs.. I dont know if I could have kept my composure..

no isht, I would been headed right into Central Park ahahahah

Oh yeah, I can automatically think of a few areas with some real nice rock gardens and open hilly grass fields.

Arguably you could get away with it, but it sure is risky and dumb. Not to mention the bad press it would get....

Steve,

Last I knew he was riding KX250Fs, could have changed though. He lived up my way for awhile.

Hey,, if the bikes are plated and legal the worst they can get you for is equipment,, ie signals or tires not meeting dot req.. I rode my GG 250ec as a ds bike right down thru the town of Jim Thorpe during Fall Festival and Earth Day.. The Police just smile and wave.. I was legal.. highway,, not fun so I wouldnt go there.. I get more hassel on my 625.. its as loud as a HD when your on it.. I am working on getting a stock ungutted can for quiet riding in sensitive areas..

Back