Has anyone managed to change needle nozzle on AS1?

Ignas

Hi,
i think all my jetting problems might be due to worn needle nozzle. Keihin only sells part of the carb for unreasonable price and there aren't separate nozzles like AS2 or fcr.
Maybe someone found crossover part from chinese carb or something?
My last bet will be buying sae660 bronze and making my own nozzle, but thats time consuming and might be allot trial and error for the first try.

Are you sure it's not the needle itself? I had one on a buddy bike that resized itself the equivalent of two sizes.

I've pushed on out (not tidy but it was damaged) and got a new one made but it didn't flow the same. Fortunately I had a donor carb and I stole the tower from that. Seen the towers on sale from some quad site and they weren't too bad. . , well compared to a new carb.

I have managed to make my own nozzle, at first id was a little bit too small and last needle clip was too lean, but after some diamond file work i have managed to jet the bike correctly.
Fed up of guessing jetting and hooked up wideband. Now i have good afr and no smoke from exhaust, only when reving at standstill. Just have to solve idle dropping after idling for some time.
Ended up with:
NEDG#3

Back