Having hard time to start my trial bike ...

nissan400

Hi all,

I got a (new) 2011 - TXT 300 a mount ago. I still have troubles to start the engine - even when it's warm !!!

What is technique for that ?

Thanks
Nissan

There should be no special technique needed to start it. I suspect the carb. was set lean at the factory
(to make the greenies happy) and it needs to be set richer.

Hey Nissan, starting the Gas Gas pro motor can be a little difficult if you havn,t had a pro before, first thing is jetting, both main and pilot jets need changing from stock, our fuel here is very different from that of fuel in Europe, trynand get fuel without ethanol, also we typically run a 50/50 mix of premium pump gas and race gas, as for the jetting...(this "should" have been done at PDI by the dealer)..... So check and see,..... the raga uses a 28 mm kehien and pilot needs to be around a 48/50 and main needs to be around 112/115....hard to say exactly were needle should be as every bike runs a little different, it is really a fine tuner!!
Also...the pro does require some choke even when hot sometimes, so if after kicking a few times even when hot and the motor does not start , apply the choke and try....a good sharp kick , but try not to just slam your foot into the kick starter as this will cause problems with the idler gear and possibly the kick start paw....
Good luck!
Adrian, Lewisportusa
Www.Lewisportusa.com:D:D

Back