Help prepping my bike for another season

dANbOT

Hey everybody

I'm throwing money all over the internet today, trying to get everything I need to get my bike ready for the upcoming season. I have a couple questions, hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. These are the last items on my list.

1- Clutch basket
I'm looking at the Rekluse basket, off their website they list part number RMS-4100 for my bike. The vendor I have chosen lists it as a RMS-4100A.
Can anyone confirm this is the correct product?

2- Chain rollers
I remember reading that using a kawasaki kx "saw tooth" roller helped eliminate chain slap noise. Anyone have a year/ model this is from? or a part number?

3- Brake lever
Is there a crossover for the front brake lever?

Thanks in advance GG brothers!

3- Brake lever
Is there a crossover for the front brake lever?

Thanks in advance GG brothers!
There are lots to choose from. Any bike using a Nissin master cylinder can be used as donor.
I use short Jitsie levers on both sides myself.

Sent fra min E5603 via Tapatalk

And I think my clutch basket question has been answered, the vendor assures me that the 4100a is the correct basket for my bike.
Just so this thread isn't such a dead end, I'll share my parts list with you guys. I'm super excited to refresh my 300! Should have everything in a couple weeks or so, I'll probably post some before / after pics.

-full 2017 plastic / graphics
-Hyde pipe/skid plate
-Wossner top end
-FMF gnarly
-Rekluse clutch basket
-Emgo? shift lever
-YZ250 kicker
-fresh pair of Cycra crm busters
-Guts tall soft foam and ballistic cover
-an assortment of suzuki needles

There are lots to choose from. Any bike using a Nissin master cylinder can be used as donor.
I use short Jitsie levers on both sides myself.

Sent fra min E5603 via Tapatalk

This isn't entirely true. They use the older Honda brake levers. The new Honda lever won't for the GG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm stuck out in camp grading roads until break-up, but parts have been arriving daily...
2017 plastic/graphics made it here from Italy before some of the shipments from north america that I'm still waiting for lol, but it cost me ;)
suzuki needles, kx chain roller, tires, gutz seat and engine parts all came in as well. Very exciting!!!

All my orders arrived, and I have been home working on my girl. I still have a few days of wrenching to do yet, but getting close to ready for the season.

-wossner top end and new crank seals
-fmf gnarly
-a variety of suzuki needles
-hyde racing skid / pipe guard
-2017 plastics
-guts seat and cover
-rekluse basket
-new yz kicker
-emgo shifter
-kx chain rollers
-cycra crm bark busters
-s12 rear tire / metz 6days front

All I'm missing now is a kick start shaft seal, and bearings for the kx rollers. Should have it wrapped up and ready for dirt by the weekend. I'm still in snowmobile season here, but spring is coming!

Good post. Will have to get a new basket one day. Maybe an inner. Would be interested to know how they turn out.

Looking up saw rollers.. . ordered.

Last edited:
Got out for the first 2017 ride yesterday. A lot of our ground is still snow covered but, there is enough open to start!

-The bike is running excellent. The combo of a Gnarly pipe and suzuki needle sure seem to produce gobs of response and torque, even at my initial guess settings I can feel an improvement in low to mid RPM. Exciting to think what it will do once I can find the sweet spot.

-The Kawi saw tooth rollers are much quieter!

-Guts seat is super comfy and grippy, love it!

Back