Hi all. New owner....

gazm800

Hi Guys.

Just wanted to say hi. I'm a first time Gasgas owner. I've had the bike about a month now. It's 2012 ec 250. The previous owner wasn't great at maintenance to say the least! After spending an hour checking over the bike I realised it was in way worse condition than ever expected a 3 year old bike could be. Luckily it was cheap!

Here are a few pictures. I've basically stripped it to a frame, the frame and swingarm have been powder coated, all new bearings, new top end, shock and forks serviced, replacement forks ordered due to originals having broken components. The list goes on!

Can't wait to get it back together and get out out on it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-11-27-21-06-57.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-11-27-21-06-57.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 25
  • 20151126_150258.jpg
    20151126_150258.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 92
  • 20151214_124231.jpg
    20151214_124231.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 83
  • 20151215_180136.jpg
    20151215_180136.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 81
Hi Guys.

Just wanted to say hi. I'm a first time Gasgas owner. I've had the bike about a month now. It's 2012 ec 250. The previous owner wasn't great at maintenance to say the least! After spending an hour checking over the bike I realised it was in way worse condition than ever expected a 3 year old bike could be. Luckily it was cheap!

Here are a few pictures. I've basically stripped it to a frame, the frame and swingarm have been powder coated, all new bearings, new top end, shock and forks serviced, replacement forks ordered due to originals having broken components. The list goes on!

Can't wait to get it back together and get out out on it.
Welcome to the Gas Gas Riders Club!

Welcome to the forum were are you from ? When you get done maybe you could go riding with another Gasgas guy !

Welcome man :cool::cool:

You're in for a real treat once you get her back together and put your first hours on her. Post up a ride report when you're able - always good to read folks impressions and hear about the areas they ride :D

Well I'm close to having it back in 1 piece! I've had it running briefly today only to find the new throttle cable is a few mm to short. I'm still awaiting the new forks to arrive from spain but managed to get the sachs ones back together and fitted to the bike so there's a chance I can get on it through the holidays.
Has anyone on here had any experience with scalvini pipes?? Really like the look of them but they seem to receive mixed reviews.

hi gazm800

hi i to is new to this forum welcome.. i have just took to ownership of a gasser ec300 2008 yesterday..but not sure what the overall condition is yet as i never owned a 2t bike fun fun fun..its kicking over fine..smokes a lot,vibration is a bit much,not ridden it yet though ..im sure there will be problems around the corner as expected..there is a question you might be able to help me with..it has been powder coated and i dont know where to find the VIN No.. if burried under paint i dont know where it is located..former owner can not find it as it was no issue for off road use only..it has a v5 and i carried out a HPI coming back positive.last motd 2014 before former owner bought for off road only..im guessing its on the top of the stem of frame.. which side though and how far up..if you could tell me or send a pic of it i would be so grateful..good luck with your complete overhaul once done perhaps you might think of posting a clip on youtube and let us see her in action..glad to hear good posts about the gasser..have fun ..steve

Hey up pal.

On mine it was on the headstock. I asked the coaters to leave it exposed for this reason. My mates got a 2013 ktm and had the frame done on that, after blasting and coating it's not even readable. I will take a picture of the exact location tomorrow.

Where abouts in the UK are you from?

Back