Hollister OHV, Gas Gas 300 (2011)

Cool! I ride there fairly often (unfortunately). Where are you located?
Did you get your bike at Moore & Sons?

Cool! I ride there fairly often (unfortunately). Where are you located?
Did you get your bike at Moore & Sons?

Brian,

I'm in Sunnyvale and I did by my bike at Moore and Sons. I've bought at least four bikes from them over the years, they're my favorite dealer!

I usually ride Hollister or Metcalf when I'm riding local. Occasionally my friends will drag me to the Sierra, Mojave, or a D-36 race. I'm trying to get as much riding in as possible before red sticker season ends. If you know you'll be at Hollister sometime, send me a P.M. and maybe we can meet up.

Thanks,

Steve

Are you still running these jetting specs:

First, you'll need to make sure your powervalve is properly adjusted or the jetting spec's will not be consistent.

I'm currently running:
Main 175
Needle JD blue, 4th down from top
Pilot 45
Airscrew 1.0 turns open
Ignition map = "wet" always!

I might try leaning the mid range in the future to see if the gas mileage improves because I tend to ride low in the RPM range most of the time.

Steve

Steiner's Trail looks a lot like the Troll Trail. Can't find Steiner's on the map. Is it off the North Canyon Road?

Steiner's Trail looks a lot like the Troll Trail. Can't find Steiner's on the map. Is it off the North Canyon Road?

My friends and I call it "Steiner's Trail" because our super fast "A" rider friend, Jeff Steiner, loves it so much. If you head up Lake road there is a section near the top where there are 3 large whoops (jumps?) and a few corners after that you'll notice a single track trail paralleling Lake road. That's one entrance to this trail and in my video I get stuck in a rain rut at this entrance. I think it's unmarked on the map.

Steve

Cool video Steve thanks for sharing. Thats my kind of riding and I really liked the track section at the end. Steve Morris...I have a friend that worked for me named Steve Morris. He rides a 2011 Kaw 450 that over heated the past weekend. I'll have to tell him the smart Steve Morris rides a GG300 LOL!

Back