Intake rubber

spanner

Hi , bit new to all this but has anyone else had trouble with airbox to carb boot going hard ? Mine (2004 EC300 )is almost plastic hard when cold I'm a bit worried about drawing in dirty air when running. Should i just open wallet and buy a new part or is there a scrooges solution ?

Go ahead and by a new one, I have an 04 200 and replaced mine with a new one, wasn't that much and sure made getting carb off and on MUCH easier.

Ron

Hi , bit new to all this but has anyone else had trouble with airbox to carb boot going hard ? Mine (2004 EC300 )is almost plastic hard when cold I'm a bit worried about drawing in dirty air when running. Should i just open wallet and buy a new part or is there a scrooges solution ?

I think everyone with bikes more than a year or two old has that problem. I always check carefully that the box is at least covering all the carb but it's never really as straight as I would like.

Chances are a new one is just as hard. I got one to replace the one on my '03 and it was just as hard Just heat it up real good with a dryer or heat gun, align and tighten it, and post heat it a bit more. Next time it will be a bit better in fit when R&R, but I always still heat mine. This is one detail that should really be improved.

Intake boot

OK , thanks for your replies. Yea i thought about the heat gun , but just wanted to check first . Suppose once everything is clamped up tight and leak free ,it wont have to flex much anyway. once again thanks for your help.

Back