Is there a Crossover Kickstarter for the 450

cal_tony

Just wondering is there a better kick start lever avail for the 2004 FSE. I have 3 of them and none are kick start friendly.

I also have a DRZ kicker. The engines are identical in many ways except for the kick start lever. The GG has a stubby lever that bangs into the footpeg at the bottom of the stroke. Jars my foot and makes my ankle and knee joints ache.

My DRZ has a slightly longer lever and it has a compound bend to it so it does not bang into the footpeg.. and there is no effort involved in kickstarting it.

Problem is the splines for the 2 bikes are different. So they wont crossover.
Iv'e looked lots of kickstarters and so far have not found a lever replacement.

I have however, found that no other kickstart levers have been as mis-designed as the 2004 GG lever.

Do the newer bikes have a redesigned lever that will fit the earlier bikes or does any one know of a lever from another brand that will fit the GG.

thanks, Tony

Does it still slam into the footpeg? Also, are the splines still the same.
Before posting this I noticed a post here referring to a UTUBE video showing how easy it was to kickstart a GG[Arrancar Gasgas 450 a patada.mp4]. The kick starter lever on that GG was about the same length as my DRZ lever and it started the same way as my DRZ so if they made a change in 2005 was this the final change?

Tony

Back