KTM 450exc or GG FSE 450

lukachuki

My riding buddy just purchased a new '07 ktm 450 which is a real nice bike. He is already putting the push on me to get one but I would naturally lean towards the GG and EFI. Has anybody rode both of these bikes and if so could they give me a comparison. The new '07 has the 6 gears and comes with a nice blinker system.

Just looking for pros and cons for both bikes. I currently own a gg 250 which I love.

Thanks
Tim

My riding buddy just purchased a new '07 ktm 450 which is a real nice bike. He is already putting the push on me to get one but I would naturally lean towards the GG and EFI. Has anybody rode both of these bikes and if so could they give me a comparison. The new '07 has the 6 gears and comes with a nice blinker system.

Just looking for pros and cons for both bikes. I currently own a gg 250 which I love.

Thanks
Tim

Has your buddy even ridden an '07 GasGas? I get a little annoyed when someone starts pushing a bike for someone to buy without regards to personal preference or even riding other bikes. Have you ridden any GasGas 450's '06 and older? If so, I understand the '07's are lighter and since I like my '05 I'm sure I would naturally like the revised '07. If you don't have significant elevation changes then maybe it could be a toss up. KTM's look cutting edge and are marketed very well but are really no better than any other bike.

Has your buddy even ridden an '07 GasGas? I get a little annoyed when someone starts pushing a bike for someone to buy without regards to personal preference or even riding other bikes. Have you ridden any GasGas 450's '06 and older? If so, I understand the '07's are lighter and since I like my '05 I'm sure I would naturally like the revised '07. If you don't have significant elevation changes then maybe it could be a toss up. KTM's look cutting edge and are marketed very well but are really no better than any other bike.

No neither one of us have been able to ride a gg 450. Neither one of us know anyone who has one. Anybody have a gg 450 that lives close to Aiken SC?

Tim

I have the '05 gasgas 450. One of my riding buddies has the '05 ktm 450 Exc. This one is actually lighter than the '07 Ktm dualsport. They are both great enduros. But mine steers better, has better suspension/control thru the ruff stuff, and is faster/quicker. Meaning the EFI has instant yet controllable throttle, while the Ktm took a little longer to respond to throttle twist, kind of sluggish? The new '07 gas gas is more improved and lighter. I hear it handles really well, and is lighter than mine. Mine feels very light and is very flickable. Plus oil and filter changes are very simple/fast just like my XR. I'm running rotella 15w40 from WalMart and she seems to like it.
I went thru the same choice scenario as U and chose the GG over the Ktm for EFI, suspension, easy maintenance and it came with all the blinkers etc. and was street licensed. The new '07 Ktm with the street legal stuff weighs the same as my '05 I believe. So the lighter street legal '07 GG wins that one too. Hope this helps.

I have the '05 gasgas 450. One of my riding buddies has the '05 ktm 450 Exc. This one is actually lighter than the '07 Ktm dualsport. They are both great enduros. But mine steers better, has better suspension/control thru the ruff stuff, and is faster/quicker. Meaning the EFI has instant yet controllable throttle, while the Ktm took a little longer to respond to throttle twist, kind of sluggish? The new '07 gas gas is more improved and lighter. I hear it handles really well, and is lighter than mine. Mine feels very light and is very flickable. Plus oil and filter changes are very simple/fast just like my XR. I'm running rotella 15w40 from WalMart and she seems to like it.
I went thru the same choice scenario as U and chose the GG over the Ktm for EFI, suspension, easy maintenance and it came with all the blinkers etc. and was street licensed. The new '07 Ktm with the street legal stuff weighs the same as my '05 I believe. So the lighter street legal '07 GG wins that one too. Hope this helps.

Yeah it does help. I just wish I could find one around here to test ride. We don't have any dealers really close. Thanks for the reply.

I have an 04 KTM and have ridden an 07 GasGas. The GasGas felt better. But ... I haven't ridden an 07 KTM.

What was good about the Gasser; usual plush GasGas suspension and handling off the shelf. Feels very light and perfect enduro power curve - very smooth and linear. Brakes were brilliant.

I bought the Gas Gas 450 for the FI. I do a ride in Colorado every summer and wanted the fuel mixture to be spot on. Plus it's different and it looks great!

I didn't know that any of the past GasGas 4-strokes were street legal, just the new '08 Pampera and not the new FSR as per Dirt Bike magazine.

Back