KYB SSS Fork question

CanGasser

So I bought a set of KYB SSS forks off ebay. I have never had a set of these, once I opened them up I found a broken piston. Ordered a new set of pistons and found one side to have different valving. The left side has a longer spring and looks to be the stock valve. The right side has a shorter spring, a nylon spacer and different valving. Is the different spring lengths normal for this fork and does anyone know who's valve is on the right side?

Thanks
Scott

Attachments

• 2017-03-24 17.15.00.jpg
    2017-03-24 17.15.00.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 37
  • 2017-03-24 17.15.20.jpg
    2017-03-24 17.15.20.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 33
So I bought a set of KYB SSS forks off ebay. I have never had a set of these, once I opened them up I found a broken piston. Ordered a new set of pistons and found one side to have different valving. The left side has a longer spring and looks to be the stock valve. The right side has a shorter spring, a nylon spacer and different valving. Is the different spring lengths normal for this fork and does anyone know who's valve is on the right side?

Thanks
Scott
I had a quick Google for that valve but couldn't find anything. Definitely looks like it is a commercial after market part

I had a quick Google for that valve but couldn't find anything. Definitely looks like it is a commercial after market part

Ya I couldn't find anything either, my plan was to buy a set of gold valves and revalve it myself. But the different spring lengths have me confused a little. Thinking I might need to find a matching spring. This is what you get from ebay sometimes, lucky the fork tubes are in nice shape.

Back