Large Fuel Tank

That tank won't fit an FSR450 as the Frame is 20mm narrower in the 07 models.
It is only as stated for the 00-06' models.

Ask Clark Tanks, more people asking maybe will get them to finish making one they have in development......:o

05-06 Clarke tank will work but the upper shroud bolt holes have to be redrilled in the shrouds and you have to shove pretty hard on the seat. Its not perfect but it beats walking back to the truck.

I just ordered a Clarke 2.8 gallon tank for the 07 FSR 450. I'm in the UK so it will be a couple of weeks before it arrives. I can't wait, I love the bike but extending the range by a few miles will improve it.

Well, the large tank finally arrived from Clarke Manufacturing in Oregon. There was quite a delay as it was held up in UK customs.

I fitted it in 40 minutes today and took the bike out for a quick ride this evening.

Fitting the tank was fairly straightforward, Clarke advise that getting the seat on after fitting the tank was going to be difficult but it was not bad.

The tank feels very wide - I guess I'll get used to it, after all I will be getting used to not running out of gas so easily.

Back