Leak leak leak...

AnthGG

First off I had an oil leak, and noticed it everywhere.

I noticed my left side power valve over was cracked and the gasket behind it was ****ed! So I replaced that.

I then noticed the small sprocket on the engine had loads of oil (smelt like gearbox oil), so I have the seal that goes on the shaft behind the sprocket. To get that off you know you have to take the clutch off, when I removed it there was HALF an Oring inside of it (that I'm guessing goes onto the clutch push rod? So I have one of them Orings on order too!

Now I was fiddling about just checking things over and now I've noticed something else! :( The gear selector has a bit of play in it, and it also looks like I can see soem oil seaping between the seal and shaft (you might be able to see it in the vid)

Click to play;

Now I have got the selector seal on order, but I might aswell get that aswell depending on your verdicts? Whether it is just the selector seal or not, at least I'll have spares for the other bits

As much as I love my bike, it's annoying me :(

Sounds like someone was reusing gaskets. I would order a complete kit and freshen things up. Beats chasing things.

THe play looks normal. There should be a circlip on the end of the shift shaft. One of the many cool features of a gasgas

Thanks for the replies :)

I think Ive found out why there's a leak behind the sprocket at least!

851fedaf.jpg

Looks a bit worn out, anyone know what this part is called/part number? It's the big that sits on the shaft and the outputshaft seal sits around

Does anyone know if on the clutch push rod there should be an Oring? I ordered a full clutch cylinder seal kit (has the metal bit, spring and the ball bearing - but no small Oring I was hoping for)

Damn I suck at explaining things :rolleyes: if I'm sucking really bad at it let me know and I'll take a picture of what I mean

Gofasters website has parts breakdown pictures with part numbers, have you looked there? What year and size is your bike and where are you located? I have some GG parts manuals at home but I'm working out of town. Send me a PM with your email if you still need help and I'll look things up this weekend after I get home if you can't find what you're looking for.

Back