Leaking Oil not sure where from, see video ?

wakeymatt

See the video - https://vimeo.com/63208047

Having had quite a bit of engine work done on my bike I got it back from the garage and it was smoking like this, I took it back and they looked at at it and told me it had stopped smoking and they didn't know what it was, perhaps oil getting through a breather or something so I thought it wasn't serious. Now its doing it again and i'm super pissed of with the garage as its miles away and its costing me a fortune taking it in to them all the time. Not sure what to do now but does anybody have any idea what this could be caused by ?

You can clearly see the rear shock is covered with oil and I purposely cleaned it off before starting her up to see if it was just from the road perhaps but its definitely coming from the bike.

Last edited:
I do not know much about 4stroke gassers, but the smoke is from the squirting oil hitting your exhaust, check your tranny breather hose, I think maybe thats where the oil is coming from:confused:..

I'd check out(take off) the external oil line and check/replace the copper sealing washers.Later models had an oil pressure sender unit incorperated in the top of that line.

I'll definitely be checking that out, am totally miffed the garage hasn't sorted it though, I'll surly be having words with them !

Couldn't really tell but The oil line washers as mentioned above would be one cause. I found it difficult to find those in copper locally but my local hardware store did have them in nylon. Those worked for me. You could also try to heat the washers with a gas torch.

The other source would be the hose from the head cover to the airbox or the head cover gasket itself.

Nice to see the bike running again.

Tony

Ok I finally worked out where the oil was coming from !

The CCT had no screw in the end and this was where the oil was coming from !
The garage must have forgotten to put it back in and I totally missed it doh.
More problems now but i'll save that for another thread lol
Cheers for all the replies !

Back