lots of oil coming out of air filter box

Vinny

I'm still dealing w/ an electrical problem . I thought I would ask about something else I'm trying to figure out.

I have a good bit of oil coming out of the bottom of the air filter box. Probably coming out of the crankcase hose that heads up there...right ??

I could understand some oil from the pressure built, but I have a good size puddle forming.

Ideas ?

Thanks.
Vinny

Last edited:
The fourstroke gasgas does this, especially if it has been unused for a week or so, and if u need to crank the engine excessively.(Trouble starting).

There could also be a problem with overfilled oil.

If you have eliminated the other two, and it still spills, check out this thread:
http://gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=453&page=1

Bergerhag,

I'm actually having the same problem with my 04 FSE 450 but the oil is mixed with air or coolant? it's like really milky white. I can post pics if needed, and it seems to only happen when I've been riding in high RPM's as well or slow trail work. Bike also backfires and dies/stalls easy when it's hot. Any ideas? Did I over fill with oil? Should I also check air bleed screw and fuel trim?

Thanks,

Crankin04

I redirected the crankcase breather over to just above the front sprocket so now all the blowby lubes the chain . Cheap chainluber.

Might have to do that. I just didn't want to have a major problem that the oil in the box might be a symptom off. since its a frequent accurance I'll let it be.

Back