Memories: best dirt bike trip ever

Just bumping this.

I felt like posting something positive yesterday. The brotherhood of bikers is an amazing thing.

BTW, Murray in the story (shown on the left)works at Rekluse now. He's one of my favorite people on the planet. Fast too.

photo5.jpg

this is heaven compaired to what we have here...

It is simply the best trail riding I've ever done in my life.
The fast guys were doing way over 100 miles a day of technical single track, different stuff every day, for a week, without riding the same stuff.
There's good riding for intermediate riders too. And it would be pretty awesome for dual sporting too.
Fishing, hot springs...

... and don't get me going about the stars.

ISF 2011 is only a few weeks away I think...
my other trip might be falling to pieces...
nah, couldn't happen.
or could it?

In 2006 I surprised everyone and showed up with a gear bag and a rental car. Mr. Baxter let me use his spare GG 300 (2000?), then I rode Idaspode's orange 200exc with one of them thar Rekluse cheater clutches (loved the cheater clutch most of the time, and they are even better now I hear). Then had a magic carpet ride on an older Yamaha WR200 - really nice bike.
:D

motogroove.... i had one of those wr200's.... bought it brand new in a crate. a little underpowered , but a blast to ride..

very good ride. was probably my fav, until i got on the gasgas 300

Name this racer

This shot is from 2002. This kid is kicking ass in A or AA in the northwest enduro circuit. Anybody have a guess?
Hint: his dad rode my Gas Gas the day after this photo and bought one right away.

The 300 in the photo belongs to Mr. Baxter, and is the one he loaned me in 2006. He had a newer 300 by then, and this became his backup bike.

The name tag is incorrect. Cracks me up. :D

Attachments

• Racer in making.jpg
    Racer in making.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
motogroove.... i had one of those wr200's.... bought it brand new in a crate. a little underpowered , but a blast to ride..

very good ride. was probably my fav, until i got on the gasgas 300

This is me in 2006 on the WR200. At 9,000 feet, it's springtime in late August up there. The flowers were like this all around in this area, with enough butterflies to call them swarms, and a stunning view off to my left. Just as we came through here, stopping to absorb the beauty, two giant military cargo planes (maybe C130s but I don't know my planes so well) lumbered across the sky almost directly above us. They were close because we were so near the peak elevation. It was surreal.

Photo by my dear friend Tami of the Pampera Torture Test Team.:D

Attachments

• ISF-`06-Dean-on-WR200.jpg
    ISF-`06-Dean-on-WR200.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 18
It is simply the best trail riding I've ever done in my life.
The fast guys were doing way over 100 miles a day of technical single track, different stuff every day, for a week, without riding the same stuff.
There's good riding for intermediate riders too. And it would be pretty awesome for dual sporting too.
Fishing, hot springs...

... and don't get me going about the stars.

ISF 2011 is only a few weeks away I think...
my other trip might be falling to pieces...
nah, couldn't happen.
or could it?

We could probably make it happen Dean. My buddy John has a spare 09 300. It ain't blue, nor does it have any "Gs" in the name but it does have a Rekluse Pro in it. Should I see if it can be made available?
In 2006 I surprised everyone and showed up with a gear bag and a rental car. Mr. Baxter let me use his spare GG 300 (2000?), then I rode Idaspode's orange 200exc with one of them thar Rekluse cheater clutches (loved the cheater clutch most of the time, and they are even better now I hear). Then had a magic carpet ride on an older Yamaha WR200 - really nice bike.
:D

That appearance made my Fest for me. I really thought I was finally getting those LSD flashbacks that were promised. I couldn't believe my eyes. Thanks!

BTW, there was more than one of us who had hopeful expectations you'd pull it off again last year.

IdaSpode

This shot is from 2002. This kid is kicking ass in A or AA in the northwest enduro circuit. Anybody have a guess?
Hint: his dad rode my Gas Gas the day after this photo and bought one right away.

The 300 in the photo belongs to Mr. Baxter, and is the one he loaned me in 2006. He had a newer 300 by then, and this became his backup bike.

The name tag is incorrect. Cracks me up. :D

That pudgy little kid was smokin' lots of the "adult" riders on his KX100. Once he got a full size bike there was no stopping him, or for that matter, no catching up with him either.

IdaSpode

This is me in 2006 on the WR200. At 9,000 feet, it's springtime in late August up there. The flowers were like this all around in this area, with enough butterflies to call them swarms, and a stunning view off to my left. Just as we came through here, stopping to absorb the beauty, two giant military cargo planes (maybe C130s but I don't know my planes so well) lumbered across the sky almost directly above us. They were close because we were so near the peak elevation. It was surreal.

Photo by my dear friend Tami of the Pampera Torture Test Team.:D

looks just like my old one... neat bike

We could probably make it happen Dean. My buddy John has a spare 09 300. It ain't blue, nor does it have any "Gs" in the name but it does have a Rekluse Pro in it. Should I see if it can be made available?

I'll know better in a week. But that gives you a week to get around to feeling out the situation. Standard rule applies to borrowing dirt bikes: you break, bend or smash it, you buy or subsidize a new one.
I actually have a rule about not borrowing bikes, because I'll try to save the bike when I'd ditch my own bike to save myself.
But for Sawtooth action? Bet the farm.

That appearance made my Fest for me. I really thought I was finally getting those LSD flashbacks that were promised. I couldn't believe my eyes. Thanks!

Well, thanks for being there!
Didn't somebody show up on the wrong weekend? LOL

BTW, there was more than one of us who had hopeful expectations you'd pull it off again last year.

IdaSpode

I will be back. The only question is when.
The DNS on Hatfield McCoy really reshuffles the deck. :confused:

Photo, that kid again, and his little sister too! (2006)

Trivia contest: is that a Gas Gas trailer back there? who the... ?

Attachments

• Leaving-for-Atlanta-websize.jpg
    Leaving-for-Atlanta-websize.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Back